Home » Sports » College Sports
Dartmouth men's hockey team stays hot on trail of first-round bye
The Big Green, in a race for a top-four spot in the ECAC, posted a 3-2 victory over St. Lawrence at Appleton Arena in Canton, N.Y.
Freshman Tim O'Brien scored two goals and senior captain Mike Keenan netted the third as the No. 19 Big Green improved to 9-8-3 in league play and 13-10-4 overall. With one more weekend of regular-season play, the Big Green have 21 points, tied with Yale for fourth and only two points out of second place. The top four spots receive first-round byes and home ice advantage in the conference quarterfinals.
Freshman netminder Charles Grant was up to the task of stopping the most dangerous offensive team in the ECAC, finishing the night with 25 saves and his fifth win of the year (5-4-1). Grant was superb in his previous start, as well, a 5-4 triumph over Colgate last Saturday in Hanover.
Dartmouth hosts Princeton on Friday, then Quinnipiac, the No. 1-ranked team in the country before today's polls come out, on Saturday.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Chara's 'Gordie' lifts Bruins over Rangers - 0
- Bruin’s effort a turkey in 6-1 loss to Detroit - 0
- Krug lifts Bruins over Penguins in OT - 0
- B's top Hurricanes in overtime - 0
- Blues tip Bruins in shootout - 0
- Soderberg, Smith lead Bruins to victory - 0
- Strong third period helps Senators end Bruins hex - 0
- Former Monarchs lift Kings over Islanders - 0
- Lucic goal lifts Bruins to overtime victory - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two charged with selling heroin in Nashua - 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 0
- Sports Briefs: No miracle finish for Vonn - 0
- Browns QB Campbell cleared to face Pats - 0
- Bruins defenseman Boychuk's status unknown - 0
- SNHU seeks NCAA title - 0
- Wildcat gridders visit Maine in defining game for program - 0
- Manchester needs more police department argues in staffing report - 1
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
Science, art combine for cancer fundraiser
Conway is heartened by word of her letter
McWages: They're about value
Pot debate precedes legislative hearings
Dingman: 'I try to be a better person'
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
Judge rules to keep officers on Laurie list