Home » Sports » College Sports
Dartmouth men's hockey team stays hot on trail of first-round bye
The Big Green, in a race for a top-four spot in the ECAC, posted a 3-2 victory over St. Lawrence at Appleton Arena in Canton, N.Y.
Freshman Tim O'Brien scored two goals and senior captain Mike Keenan netted the third as the No. 19 Big Green improved to 9-8-3 in league play and 13-10-4 overall. With one more weekend of regular-season play, the Big Green have 21 points, tied with Yale for fourth and only two points out of second place. The top four spots receive first-round byes and home ice advantage in the conference quarterfinals.
Freshman netminder Charles Grant was up to the task of stopping the most dangerous offensive team in the ECAC, finishing the night with 25 saves and his fifth win of the year (5-4-1). Grant was superb in his previous start, as well, a 5-4 triumph over Colgate last Saturday in Hanover.
Dartmouth hosts Princeton on Friday, then Quinnipiac, the No. 1-ranked team in the country before today's polls come out, on Saturday.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH College Notebook: Memorial grad Beauchemin is top UMass-Lowell hurler - 0
- NH College Notebook: Rochester's DeSmith named UNH hockey team's MVP - 1
- NH College Notebook: Dartmouth College baseball team eyes Ivy League crown - 0
- NH College Notebook: Bowdoin's O'Neil named New England Hockey Coach of the Year - 0
- NH College Notebook: Mabry, Jean-Guillaume earn All-America hoop honors - 0
- Jim Fennell's NH College Notebook: Franklin Pierce basketball team's next test is Metro State - 0
READER COMMENTS: 3
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 0
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 2
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 3
- Manchester VFW posts fights to survive without poker cash - 2
Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time