USDA awards Berlin $1 million for dam repair
U.S. Sen. Jeanne Shaheen said Thursday that she applauds the U.S. Department of Agriculture Rural Development's announcement that the city of Berlin has gotten a $1 million loan from the USDA for the city's project to repair the water transmission line.
"Godfrey Dam is an important priority and this loan will provide for necessary repairs to help keep Berlin's water supply clean and safe. I am pleased that USDA is acting to help the city of Berlin meet the economic and public health needs of the region, especially considering the positive impact this infrastructure project will have on the Berlin economy," Shaheen said.
Mayor Paul Grenier of Berlin said that the funds will go toward the work on 4.8 miles of pipe.
He said the city continues to work to improve infrastructure.
The Godfrey dam is the primary storage for the city's water supply.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sanbornton voters add money back into budget - 0
- Sanbornton voters say no to SB 2 - 0
- Old building, new roads on Peterborough warrant - 0
- Sanbornton to vote again on SB2 - 0
- Employee pay, dump trucks key Sanbornton warrant - 0
- Proposed New London budget shows 3 percent increase - 0
- Conway voters ok school budget, but reject teacher's contract - 0
- Ortega, Barnes reelected to Merrimack School Board - 0
- Merrimack polls open today - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rochester man facing up to 30 years in prison for brutal assault - 0
- Man who confronts burglar in Nashua gets bit - 0
- Police say Nashua man struck woman with Jeep - 0
- Last-minute lobbying frantic as House prepares for casino vote - 1
- Pease chosen to receive new KC-46A refueling tanker; to bring 100 jobs - 3
- FBI agent kills Florida man during questioning about Marathon bombing suspect - 1
- Police seek man they say passed counterfeit bill at Manchester mall - 1
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- For now, no more breakfasts in Manchester's Veterans Park - 11
License revocations for DWI announced
UPDATED: Derry marks a soldier's death
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs
- Should adultery remain a crime under U.S. military law?
- Total Votes: 641