USDA awards Berlin $1 million for dam repair
U.S. Sen. Jeanne Shaheen said Thursday that she applauds the U.S. Department of Agriculture Rural Development's announcement that the city of Berlin has gotten a $1 million loan from the USDA for the city's project to repair the water transmission line.
"Godfrey Dam is an important priority and this loan will provide for necessary repairs to help keep Berlin's water supply clean and safe. I am pleased that USDA is acting to help the city of Berlin meet the economic and public health needs of the region, especially considering the positive impact this infrastructure project will have on the Berlin economy," Shaheen said.
Mayor Paul Grenier of Berlin said that the funds will go toward the work on 4.8 miles of pipe.
He said the city continues to work to improve infrastructure.
The Godfrey dam is the primary storage for the city's water supply.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua school members' letter prompts an apology - 0
- UNH Law named a top 100 law school in magazine’s rankings - 0
- Loeb School spring classes offer career-change chance - 0
- 'Mathletes' chosen to represent NH in national competition - 1
- Pembroke Academy wants to help at-risk students - 0
- From Russia, with love of numbers at Nashua school - 0
- Great Bay Community College 'boot camp' trains students in precision manufacturing - 0
- Cyber defense competition coming to University of New Hampshire - 0
- Dartmouth College mourns sudden death of student - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mass. man dies in Chesterfield crash - 0
- Manchester collision results in pedestrian's death - 0
- SCORE workshop offers social media tips - 0
- Sens. Shaheen, Ayotte slam latest push for online sales tax - 1
- Bedford girls basketball team spreads the scoring wealth - 0
- New Hampshire high school athletes on the run (and jumping) in NYC - 0
- Ian Clark's High School Hockey: Teams anxious to play - 0
- Manchester Mayor Gatsas: Vote tells me Hooksett is satisfied with Manchester schools - 4
- After Pinkerton rejection, what's next for Hooksett students? - 1
SCORE workshop offers social media tips
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal