USDA awards Berlin $1 million for dam repair
U.S. Sen. Jeanne Shaheen said Thursday that she applauds the U.S. Department of Agriculture Rural Development's announcement that the city of Berlin has gotten a $1 million loan from the USDA for the city's project to repair the water transmission line.
"Godfrey Dam is an important priority and this loan will provide for necessary repairs to help keep Berlin's water supply clean and safe. I am pleased that USDA is acting to help the city of Berlin meet the economic and public health needs of the region, especially considering the positive impact this infrastructure project will have on the Berlin economy," Shaheen said.
Mayor Paul Grenier of Berlin said that the funds will go toward the work on 4.8 miles of pipe.
He said the city continues to work to improve infrastructure.
The Godfrey dam is the primary storage for the city's water supply.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Charles Krauthammer: Lower corporate tax rates or lose more firms - 1
- Roger Simon: If Hillary represents an Obama third term, she is doomed - 0
- Gail Fisher's Dog Tracks: Parvo scare could be detrimental to puppy training, despite slim risk - 0
- Another View -- Dan McGuire: We Free Staters are not some threat to be feared - 30
- John Stossel: The other green monster - 2
- Another View - Charles Lane: Obama's wedge issue is the seductive lure of golf - 3
- Jonah Goldberg: If the Islamic State is not evil, then what is? - 4
- George Will: Will we build the Navy we need? - 2
- Betsy McCaughey: Congress should take the lead on Iraq - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Patriots trade backup QB - 0
- NH police on lookout for drunken drivers - 1
- Dan Tuohy's Granite Status: Bob Smith gets A+ from NH Firearms Coalition - 4
- Marine Patrol called to multiple crashes - 0
- Hiker rescued on Mount Monadnock - 0
- Laconia accident results in minor injuries for motorcyclist - 0
- Christopher Thompson's Closing the Deal: Time for Market Basket to get back to business - 0
- Playing for a purpose Field Hockey Jamboree at Manchester Memorial - 0
- Franklin Pierce's Kirsh to retire as AD - 0
NH's teen pregnancy still lowest nationwide
Amnesty? Garcia is against it
George Will: Paul Ryan's way forward