USDA awards Berlin $1 million for dam repair
U.S. Sen. Jeanne Shaheen said Thursday that she applauds the U.S. Department of Agriculture Rural Development's announcement that the city of Berlin has gotten a $1 million loan from the USDA for the city's project to repair the water transmission line.
"Godfrey Dam is an important priority and this loan will provide for necessary repairs to help keep Berlin's water supply clean and safe. I am pleased that USDA is acting to help the city of Berlin meet the economic and public health needs of the region, especially considering the positive impact this infrastructure project will have on the Berlin economy," Shaheen said.
Mayor Paul Grenier of Berlin said that the funds will go toward the work on 4.8 miles of pipe.
He said the city continues to work to improve infrastructure.
The Godfrey dam is the primary storage for the city's water supply.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Former Manchester school chief Tom Brennan dies a year after he retired - 6
- Speedway, NH casino called a natural fit, track's GM says - 8
- Federal data shows which doctors reap Medicare millions - 3
- Privacy foremost at hearing on NH bill to restrict government spying, commercial use of drones - 18
- Six months later, Abigail's disappearance still a mystery - 1
- Retired judge reprimanded, told remarks were sexist - 5
- Judge issues no ruling on county attorney's suspension - 4
- Retired judge reprimanded for sexist remarks - 0
- Manchester officer cleared in domestic assault is subject of probe - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- College Baseball: PSU holds off Keene State - 0
- Schoop, Markakis pace Orioles past Sox - 0
- Late rally spurs Fishers over B-Mets - 0
- Datsyuk goal lets Wings take flight over Bruins in playoff opener - 0
- Monarchs finish regular season with OT loss - 0
- Keystone XL pipeline decision delayed, likely until after elections - 0
- Spring fever brings hope for U.S. investors as earnings season looms - 0
- Merrimack storage facility to be region's largest - 0
- C's lose tiebreaker for draft order - 0
Portsmouth arrests 2 for heroin sales
Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start
Manchester superintendent kills controversial redistricting plan following parental opposition
Sen. Odell won't seek re-election