Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Manchester man faces first-degree assault in syringe attack
Richard Crawford, 48, allegedly assaulted Leona Laplante inside her 150 River Road apartment about 3:45 p.m. Friday. The syringe turned out to be pre-filled with insulin.
Crawford, who lives in the same building, knocked on Laplante's door, claiming he wanted to talk to her about another tenant, police said. When Laplante asked him to leave, Crawford told her she had something in her hair and he reached behind her.
Laplante told police she heard "two clicks" and felt a poke in the back of her neck. Crawford claimed he had just "poisoned her and that she was going to die," police said. Crawford allegedly tried to take the phone from Laplante when she tried to call police.
Since insulin can be harmful and potentially life-threatening to someone who is not diabetic, Laplante went to a local hospital for treatment and observation. She was later released from the hospital.
Crawford is charged with first-degree assault, criminal threatening, criminal trespass, and obstructing the report of a crime.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua man charged in child sexual assault - 0
- Two accused of trafficking women in Hampton, Hooksett and Manchester - 0
- 'Fugitive of Week' captured in Hooksett - 0
- Pedestrian struck in Keene - 0
- Manchester pub crawl leads to arrest of four - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Man has excuse for missing court in Conway - he was in jail - 0
- Claremont man charged with arson in May fire - 0
- Former Farmington fire chief waives arraignment on theft charges - 0
- $50k bail for two charged with beating pizza delivery man - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester pair arrested for fighting in Merrimack parking lot - 0
- Election Day hotline established to report suspected voter fraud, abuse - 1
- NHIAA Cross Country: Moskowitz, Kimball primed for Meet of Champions battle - 0
- Salem coach Rich has seen playoff runs from both sidelines - 0
- Monarchs' Schultz leads by example - 0
- Manchester Marathon day to draw about 1,700 runners - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Londonderry vs. Salem is a playoff contest - 0
- Another View - Jeanne Shaheen: What it means to put New Hampshire first - 3
- Another View -- Scott Brown: To change direction, we need to change senators - 8
Manchester pub crawl leads to arrest of four
School's out for voters
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483