Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
Manchester man faces first-degree assault in syringe attack
Richard Crawford, 48, allegedly assaulted Leona Laplante inside her 150 River Road apartment about 3:45 p.m. Friday. The syringe turned out to be pre-filled with insulin.
Crawford, who lives in the same building, knocked on Laplante's door, claiming he wanted to talk to her about another tenant, police said. When Laplante asked him to leave, Crawford told her she had something in her hair and he reached behind her.
Laplante told police she heard "two clicks" and felt a poke in the back of her neck. Crawford claimed he had just "poisoned her and that she was going to die," police said. Crawford allegedly tried to take the phone from Laplante when she tried to call police.
Since insulin can be harmful and potentially life-threatening to someone who is not diabetic, Laplante went to a local hospital for treatment and observation. She was later released from the hospital.
Crawford is charged with first-degree assault, criminal threatening, criminal trespass, and obstructing the report of a crime.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Authorities mum about reports of shooting in Manchester - 0
- Police say woman broke into Hollis home and took pictures - 0
- Addiction treatment doctor gets restricted license - 0
- Newmarket man charged with sex assault of 12-year-old girl - 0
- Wife charged with stabbing husband during argument - 0
- Imprisoned pair could add to their already lengthy sentences if found guilty of assault - 0
- Judge nixes house arrest for man convicted in Ponzi scheme - 0
- Raymond man faces possession of child porn charges - 0
- Man failed to note conviction on gun permit - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Soccer Preview: Talent to boot - 0
- Last call at home for Fisher Cats tonight - 0
- Jessica Goldman was on the move - 0
- Band camp gets Memorial musicians in rhythm a week early - 0
- Drew Cline: Small sleights of hand in Republican primaries around NH - 0
- Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you - 0
- Portman's good point: A leadership deficit all around - 0
- Scott and Genevieve Kelley - 0
- Dan Tuohy's Granite Status: Shaheen takes on illegal immigration - 0
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Weekly brother gave police wrong name
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917