Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Manchester man faces first-degree assault in syringe attack
Richard Crawford, 48, allegedly assaulted Leona Laplante inside her 150 River Road apartment about 3:45 p.m. Friday. The syringe turned out to be pre-filled with insulin.
Crawford, who lives in the same building, knocked on Laplante's door, claiming he wanted to talk to her about another tenant, police said. When Laplante asked him to leave, Crawford told her she had something in her hair and he reached behind her.
Laplante told police she heard "two clicks" and felt a poke in the back of her neck. Crawford claimed he had just "poisoned her and that she was going to die," police said. Crawford allegedly tried to take the phone from Laplante when she tried to call police.
Since insulin can be harmful and potentially life-threatening to someone who is not diabetic, Laplante went to a local hospital for treatment and observation. She was later released from the hospital.
Crawford is charged with first-degree assault, criminal threatening, criminal trespass, and obstructing the report of a crime.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 21
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
- Hampstead man accused of sex assaults on girl - 0
- Police say man kills daughter, 6 grandchildren in Fla. murder-suicide - 2
- 2 men arrested in Manchester SWAT raid, drug bust - 4
- 2 women sentenced in Home Depot scam - 0
- Man accused of stabbing man in Concord's White Park - 0
- Friends, co-workers mourn loss of Amherst mother and son - 5
- Vermont father, two sons facing charges for Canobie Lake Park scuffle - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Chester deputy fire chief jailed for allegedly violating restraining order - 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 1
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 1
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
- Trashed lunches: Brownies, broccoli and bucks - 7
- Hampstead's Suess ready for Whelen Modified race - 0
- College Football: Big Green kick off season vs. Cent. Connecticut - 0
Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH
Manchester family heartbroken after finding lost kitten was adopted from shelter, family refuses to return it
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917