Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Footprints in snow lead to Merrimack man's arrest
At 1:12 a.m. Sunday, a 1996 Dodge pickup truck crashed into a PSNH utility pole on Daniel Webster Highway, near Reeds Ferry Lumber. No one was found near the wreckage, but police followed a set of footprints in the snow from the truck to the parking lot of the London Count Apartments.
Soon after, Alexander Mavrogeorge, 25, of 21 London Court, the registered owner of the truck, arrived at the accident scene. Police said he denied driving the truck, but the sneakers he was wearing were consistent with the footprints in the snow that officers tracked from the damaged truck to his address. Mavrogeorge was arrested at the scene and charged with OUIL and conduct after an accident.
What's next: Mavrogeorge is free on $2,500 personal recognizance bail and is to be arraigned in 9th Circuit Court, Merrimack District Division, on March 7.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Manchester police release photos of men they believe robbed mother, daughters at local Holiday Inn - 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 28
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
- Hampstead man accused of sex assaults on girl - 0
- Police say man kills daughter, 6 grandchildren in Fla. murder-suicide - 3
- 2 men arrested in Manchester SWAT raid, drug bust - 5
- 2 women sentenced in Home Depot scam - 0
- Man accused of stabbing man in Concord's White Park - 0
- Friends, co-workers mourn loss of Amherst mother and son - 5
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Manchester family heartbroken after finding lost kitten was adopted from shelter, family refuses to return it - 2
- Body found under Manchester bridge identified as local woman - 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 1
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 1
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
- Trashed lunches: Brownies, broccoli and bucks - 12
- Hampstead's Suess ready for Whelen Modified race - 0
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Ayotte pushes bill to combat 'spice'
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917