Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Footprints in snow lead to Merrimack man's arrest
At 1:12 a.m. Sunday, a 1996 Dodge pickup truck crashed into a PSNH utility pole on Daniel Webster Highway, near Reeds Ferry Lumber. No one was found near the wreckage, but police followed a set of footprints in the snow from the truck to the parking lot of the London Count Apartments.
Soon after, Alexander Mavrogeorge, 25, of 21 London Court, the registered owner of the truck, arrived at the accident scene. Police said he denied driving the truck, but the sneakers he was wearing were consistent with the footprints in the snow that officers tracked from the damaged truck to his address. Mavrogeorge was arrested at the scene and charged with OUIL and conduct after an accident.
What's next: Mavrogeorge is free on $2,500 personal recognizance bail and is to be arraigned in 9th Circuit Court, Merrimack District Division, on March 7.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford man sentenced for lobster trap thefts - 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 2
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 2
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 2
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 2
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Memorial heroic in NHIAA Div. I basketball semifinal defeat - 0
- Excess school money may target crowded classes in Manchester - 0
- Nashua board members apologize for signingCommon Core letter - 0
- Sen. Shaheen participates in all-night climate change ‘talkathon’ - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs' Derek Forbort in the right place at the right time - 0
- Educators, advocates speak to new standards for use of force - 0
- Two Manchester health clinics working on merger plan - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
Allenstown rejects town and school budgets
Crowley elected in Northfield
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'