Perfect timing for weekend snowstorm
It means easier plowing because of light traffic on Monday morning and fewer accidents, according to the state's Traffic Management Center.
The winter advisory warning, featured on digital traffic boards along the state's highways during the storm, was removed this morning. The roads are in good shape for the most part but motorists using Interstate 93 in the Ashland/Plymouth area should take it slow this morning as highway crews are presently treating the area because of slippery conditions.
State roads in the southern part of the state are wet but should pose no problem for commuters.
The storm left more than a foot of snow in some parts of the state, mainly around Concord and in the Lakes Region. According to the National Weather Service, Rochester got the most snow with 15.5 inches. Concord was blanketed with 13.9 inches of snow, while Strafford got 13.5 inches.
Other snowfall totals were: Deerfield, 12; Wolfeboro, 11; Henniker, 10; New Boston, 9; South Weare, 8; Manchester, Randolph and Washington, 5 each.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Flooding closes PSU fields, local business - 0
- Colebrook almost became an island Tuesday night - 0
- Flooding shuts down North Country highways - 0
- Flood watch and rain follow day of near-record temperatures - 0
- Lack of 'hot spell' has made for mild mud season so far in central NH - 1
- With rain on the way, flooding potential eyed - 0
- Londonderry classrooms flooded - 0
- Spring roads make the going tough - 0
- Water damage displaces North Elementary classrooms - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Late rally spurs Fishers over B-Mets - 0
- Datsyuk goal lets Wings take flight over Bruins in playoff opener - 0
- Monarchs finish regular season with OT loss - 0
- Keystone XL pipeline decision delayed, likely until after elections - 0
- Spring fever brings hope for U.S. investors as earnings season looms - 0
- Merrimack storage facility to be region's largest - 0
- C's lose tiebreaker for draft order - 0
- NHIAA Girls' Lacrosse: Pinkerton girls rout Salem - 0
- NHIAA Softball: Dover's speed foils Central - 0
Portsmouth arrests 2 for heroin sales
Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start
Manchester superintendent kills controversial redistricting plan following parental opposition