Perfect timing for weekend snowstorm
It means easier plowing because of light traffic on Monday morning and fewer accidents, according to the state's Traffic Management Center.
The winter advisory warning, featured on digital traffic boards along the state's highways during the storm, was removed this morning. The roads are in good shape for the most part but motorists using Interstate 93 in the Ashland/Plymouth area should take it slow this morning as highway crews are presently treating the area because of slippery conditions.
State roads in the southern part of the state are wet but should pose no problem for commuters.
The storm left more than a foot of snow in some parts of the state, mainly around Concord and in the Lakes Region. According to the National Weather Service, Rochester got the most snow with 15.5 inches. Concord was blanketed with 13.9 inches of snow, while Strafford got 13.5 inches.
Other snowfall totals were: Deerfield, 12; Wolfeboro, 11; Henniker, 10; New Boston, 9; South Weare, 8; Manchester, Randolph and Washington, 5 each.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- For most, no choice but to hit the roads for stormy holiday travel - 3
- Coast Guard issues weather warning to coastal boaters - 0
- Coast Guard issues weather warning to boaters - 0
- Man crushed by wind-felled tree in Laconia as powerful winds follow frigid air; thousands without power - 0
- Slick roads eyed for holiday - 0
- Granite Staters arrived in Philippines just after typhoon hit - 0
- Granite Staters fly out to Phillipines to help after typhoon - 0
- Strong winds cut power to thousands across New Hampshire - 0
- State acts to shore up Gorham dam - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two charged with selling heroin in Nashua - 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 3
- Sports Briefs: No miracle finish for Vonn - 0
- Browns QB Campbell cleared to face Pats - 0
- Bruins defenseman Boychuk's status unknown - 0
- SNHU seeks NCAA title - 0
- Wildcat gridders visit Maine in defining game for program - 0
- Manchester needs more police department argues in staffing report - 4
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
Conway is heartened by word of her letter
Nashua hero up for Carnegie award
McWages: They're about value
Pot debate precedes legislative hearings
Dingman: 'I try to be a better person'
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
Scott Brown still weighing options