Perfect timing for weekend snowstorm
It means easier plowing because of light traffic on Monday morning and fewer accidents, according to the state's Traffic Management Center.
The winter advisory warning, featured on digital traffic boards along the state's highways during the storm, was removed this morning. The roads are in good shape for the most part but motorists using Interstate 93 in the Ashland/Plymouth area should take it slow this morning as highway crews are presently treating the area because of slippery conditions.
State roads in the southern part of the state are wet but should pose no problem for commuters.
The storm left more than a foot of snow in some parts of the state, mainly around Concord and in the Lakes Region. According to the National Weather Service, Rochester got the most snow with 15.5 inches. Concord was blanketed with 13.9 inches of snow, while Strafford got 13.5 inches.
Other snowfall totals were: Deerfield, 12; Wolfeboro, 11; Henniker, 10; New Boston, 9; South Weare, 8; Manchester, Randolph and Washington, 5 each.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Flash flood warning issued for Southern New Hampshire - 0
- Rare tornado touches down in Revere, Mass., no deaths reported - 0
- Severe weather strikes across Granite State - 0
- Restaurant foundation destabilized by high water raises Route 3 Bridge, downtown Colebrook flooding concerns - 0
- Winchester roads ravaged by heavy rain - 0
- Despite heavy rains, tornado warning, Nashua OK - 0
- Wild weather strikes Granite State - 0
- Perfect weather predicted for weekend events - 0
- NH braces for a soaker, flash floods as Arthur moves up coast - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Soccer Preview: Talent to boot - 0
- Last call at home for Fisher Cats tonight - 0
- Jessica Goldman was on the move - 0
- Band camp gets Memorial musicians in rhythm a week early - 0
- Drew Cline: Small sleights of hand in Republican primaries around NH - 0
- Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you - 0
- Portman's good point: A leadership deficit all around - 0
- Scott and Genevieve Kelley - 0
- Market Basket deal reached; Arthur T. Demoulas to return - 1
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate