Perfect timing for weekend snowstorm
Snowplow vs. mailbox: Who pays the bill?
It means easier plowing because of light traffic on Monday morning and fewer accidents, according to the state's Traffic Management Center.
The winter advisory warning, featured on digital traffic boards along the state's highways during the storm, was removed this morning. The roads are in good shape for the most part but motorists using Interstate 93 in the Ashland/Plymouth area should take it slow this morning as highway crews are presently treating the area because of slippery conditions.
State roads in the southern part of the state are wet but should pose no problem for commuters.
The storm left more than a foot of snow in some parts of the state, mainly around Concord and in the Lakes Region. According to the National Weather Service, Rochester got the most snow with 15.5 inches. Concord was blanketed with 13.9 inches of snow, while Strafford got 13.5 inches.
Other snowfall totals were: Deerfield, 12; Wolfeboro, 11; Henniker, 10; New Boston, 9; South Weare, 8; Manchester, Randolph and Washington, 5 each.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Powerful storm wreaks havoc in Portsmouth - 0
- Weather Service warns of severe thunderstorms in southern NH - 0
- Heavy rain could bring flooding in areas of NH - 1
- Rain, wind and snow: Epping clan reports it all - 0
- Tropical Storm Andrea forms - 0
- North Country gets back on track after wild weather - 0
- Powerful storms bring damage to Grafton County - 0
- At least 9 dead in new Oklahoma storms - 0
- Mother and baby killed as tornadoes menace Oklahoma City - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATED: Senate mum on House proposal for special session on Medicare - 3
- NH man killed ex-wife's husband, self, Vermont police say - 0
- Recent 'Fugitive of the Week' Michelle Smith captured in Nashua - 0
- UPDATED: Senate, House negotiators mull compromise plan to narrowly align state insurance rules with 'Obamacare' - 1
- UPDATED: Apology issued for naming of Boston bomber as a victim of gun violence at Concord rally - 22
- UPDATE: Salem student receives minor injuries in bus crash - 0
- 21 in Concord wake to find their tires slashed - 0
- NH man to be tried in $13 million mortgage fraud scheme - 0
- UPDATE: Elderly Nashua couple were stabbed to death - 12
UPDATED: Apology issued for naming of Boston bomber as a victim of gun violence at Concord rally
Tax credit math: Who owns your money?
Drones and privacy: Debate just taking off