Perfect timing for weekend snowstorm
It means easier plowing because of light traffic on Monday morning and fewer accidents, according to the state's Traffic Management Center.
The winter advisory warning, featured on digital traffic boards along the state's highways during the storm, was removed this morning. The roads are in good shape for the most part but motorists using Interstate 93 in the Ashland/Plymouth area should take it slow this morning as highway crews are presently treating the area because of slippery conditions.
State roads in the southern part of the state are wet but should pose no problem for commuters.
The storm left more than a foot of snow in some parts of the state, mainly around Concord and in the Lakes Region. According to the National Weather Service, Rochester got the most snow with 15.5 inches. Concord was blanketed with 13.9 inches of snow, while Strafford got 13.5 inches.
Other snowfall totals were: Deerfield, 12; Wolfeboro, 11; Henniker, 10; New Boston, 9; South Weare, 8; Manchester, Randolph and Washington, 5 each.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon - 0
- Powerful storm lashes eastern U.S. with snow, arctic cold - 0
- Forecasters say true to form, March will come in like a lion - 0
- NWS: North Country flooding risk near normal for now - 0
- Device may help solve weighty problem - 0
- Frequent snowstorms taking a toll on Manchester's plowing budget - 1
- After-school activities canceled in New Boston, Goffstown and Dunbarton - 0
- Pembroke extends parking ban - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mass. man dies in Chesterfield crash - 0
- Manchester collision results in pedestrian's death - 0
- SCORE workshop offers social media tips - 0
- Sens. Shaheen, Ayotte slam latest push for online sales tax - 2
- Bedford girls basketball team spreads the scoring wealth - 0
- New Hampshire high school athletes on the run (and jumping) in NYC - 0
- Ian Clark's High School Hockey: Teams anxious to play - 0
- Manchester Mayor Gatsas: Vote tells me Hooksett is satisfied with Manchester schools - 4
- After Pinkerton rejection, what's next for Hooksett students? - 1
SCORE workshop offers social media tips
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal