Time change for Trinity-Central tip-off
Tip-off for Tuesday's showdown between the top two boys' basketball teams in Division I, city rivals Manchester Central and visiting Trinity, has been moved back a half-hour, from 6:30 to 7 p.m.
Both teams enter the night with 15-1 records in NHIAA play and one more regular-season game to play after Tuesday.
The Little Green and the Pioneers have met once this season, Central prevailing in the opening round of the Queen City Invitational, 64-50, on the day after Christmas. Junior point guard had a game-high 18 points to lead the Green.
Central is coming off its first loss of the season, 70-62 to Nashua South last Tuesday. The Little Green wrap up the regular season Friday at Bedford, which is a relatively modest 10-6 but has won its last four games and seven of its last eight.
Trinity has won five straight since its only NHIAA defeat, a 60-56 loss at Merrimack on Feb. 12. The Pioneers play their last regular-season game Friday at Timberlane Regional in Plaistow.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 0
- Derryfield's Hyde, Faulkner star in ski relays - 0
- AL East looks loaded again in 2014 - 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Belichick’s magic act worthy of honor - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Dolphins seeking AFC wild card - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: The book on Bennett - 1
- NHIAA wrestling at Manchester - 0
- NH makes tort reform group's 'Judicial Hellholes' list - 1
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- Stretch of I-293 North and South closed after propane tank crashes - 1
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Goalies everywhere - 1
- Lebanon City Hall renovation could move forward at hearing - 0
Sales of new limited edition ‘Old Man’ liquor bottles will help fund Hall of Flags restoration projectREADER COMMENTS: 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840