Time change for Trinity-Central tip-off
Tip-off for Tuesday's showdown between the top two boys' basketball teams in Division I, city rivals Manchester Central and visiting Trinity, has been moved back a half-hour, from 6:30 to 7 p.m.
Both teams enter the night with 15-1 records in NHIAA play and one more regular-season game to play after Tuesday.
The Little Green and the Pioneers have met once this season, Central prevailing in the opening round of the Queen City Invitational, 64-50, on the day after Christmas. Junior point guard had a game-high 18 points to lead the Green.
Central is coming off its first loss of the season, 70-62 to Nashua South last Tuesday. The Little Green wrap up the regular season Friday at Bedford, which is a relatively modest 10-6 but has won its last four games and seven of its last eight.
Trinity has won five straight since its only NHIAA defeat, a 60-56 loss at Merrimack on Feb. 12. The Pioneers play their last regular-season game Friday at Timberlane Regional in Plaistow.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Holiday edition reminder to our readers - 1
- 600 gather for New Horizons soup kitchen, shelter fundraiser - 0
- Conn. school shooting probe ends with gunman's motives unknown - 43
- Railway company proposing Montreal to Portland service through northern NH - 19
- Exeter theater group suspends campaign to save Ioka - 0
- Stained-glass windows get new look at Tucker Free Library in Henniker - 0
- State Supreme Court overturns termination of father’s parental rights - 8
- Communication director appointed for Manchester Diocese - 0
- 'Everything flows' from 1st Amendment - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- N.Y. man charged with reckless conduct after accidental shooting in Nashua - 0
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 0
- Task force arrests man in Nottingham for Candia burglary - 0
- Police: Salem man used car keys to stab officer in hand - 0
- Manchester muffler shop burglarized - 0
- Boy, 12, struck in Newton remains hospitalized - 0
- State revenue under projections for November - 0
- Armed man arrested after Manchester convenience store robbery - 0
- Store cashier in Littleton refuses to give up the cash to robber - 0
UPDATE: Could be 'months' before deciding on charges in crash involving Dover city councilor
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840