Time change for Trinity-Central tip-off
Tip-off for Tuesday's showdown between the top two boys' basketball teams in Division I, city rivals Manchester Central and visiting Trinity, has been moved back a half-hour, from 6:30 to 7 p.m.
Both teams enter the night with 15-1 records in NHIAA play and one more regular-season game to play after Tuesday.
The Little Green and the Pioneers have met once this season, Central prevailing in the opening round of the Queen City Invitational, 64-50, on the day after Christmas. Junior point guard had a game-high 18 points to lead the Green.
Central is coming off its first loss of the season, 70-62 to Nashua South last Tuesday. The Little Green wrap up the regular season Friday at Bedford, which is a relatively modest 10-6 but has won its last four games and seven of its last eight.
Trinity has won five straight since its only NHIAA defeat, a 60-56 loss at Merrimack on Feb. 12. The Pioneers play their last regular-season game Friday at Timberlane Regional in Plaistow.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- David Harsanyi : What the Pope gets wrong about capitalism - 5
- Bob Witkop: Obama is not the only one to blame for Obamacare - 28
- Jonah Goldberg: Coming to grips with the rise of the machines - 5
- George Will: The choices we have on Iran - 0
- Roger Simon: We should not be in Afghanistan next year - 3
- Charles Krauthammer: America in retreat, allies abandoned - 0
- Charles Lane: A Social Security fix that fixes nothing - 26
- Fergus Cullen: Baines and Bramante modernize education for the iTunes era - 2
- John Stossel: Want to give back? Start a business - 9
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say Keene robbery victim was targeted through online dating site - 0
- Keene police investigating attempted robbery at grocery store - 0
- Nashua teacher contract ratified - 0
- College roundup: Local men's teams go 3-0 for the night - 0
- Girls basketball: Derryfield, Bow girls' teams win - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- Progress reported in Pinkerton-Hooksett high school deal - 1
- LGC subsidiary accused of violating its own bylaws - 0
- Turkey Bowl brawl: Central players suspended, no discipline for Trinity team - 5
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840