NHIAA Roundup: Brunault lifts Colebrook girls into final
Colebrook, seeking the school's first championship plaque, will play in the state final on Saturday at noon at Plymouth State.
The Mohawks will play No. 4 seed Groveton, a 45-32 victor over No. 1 Hinsdale in Monday's other semifinal.
Sunapee ended its season at 18-3 but made a strong comeback in the fourth quarter.
Led by Erica Waterman (14 points), Sunapee erased a 38-34 deficit at the end of the third quarter and tied the game at 44-44.
But Brunault converted a three-point basket and made four-of-five free throw attempts down the stretch during a game-ending 9-0 run. Brunault was 8-of-10 overall from the free throw line and Colebrook (18-3) was 19 of 26 overall from the charity line. Sunapee made 6 of 12 from the free throw line.
AT PLYMOUTH STATE UNIVERSITY
Colebrook 53, Sunapee 44
Colebrook: Josee Brunault 7-8-21; Alexyss Lawson 2-4-8; Kailin Belanger 4-1-9; Erica Cass 2-2-6; Megan Hamel 2-2-6; Kacie Riendeau 0-1-1; Nakea Cross 0-2-2 Totals: 16-19-53
Three-pointers: Brunault, Cass
Sunapee: Faith Larpenter 3-2-8; Erica Waterman 6-0-14; Anna Richardson 1-1-3; Katie Frederick 3-1-7; Sydney Clark 1-0-3; Megan Clarenbach 4-2-10 Totals: 18-6-44
Three-pointers: Waterman 2
Colebrook (18-3) 15 17 6 15 - 53
Sunapee (18-3) 10 7 17 10 - 44
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Jonah Goldberg: Triumph of the vulgarians - 0
- Maureen Mann: Labeling genetically-modified foods would help New Hampshire consumers - 13
- David Harsanyi: Ninety-six percent of Americans are wrong about Congress - 3
- Patrick J. Buchanan: Will we go to war over Japanese islands? - 0
- Sean Kenneally: A once pure NH view is no more - 12
- Jonah Goldberg: Obamacare was sold on a few core lies - 8
- Charles Krauthammer: Obama the oblivious - 6
- Roger Simon: What Nelson Mandela overcame - 1
- George Will: Raise the minimum wage? It's iffy - 8
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Goalies everywhere - 0
- 'The Granite Wall' stays solid as UNH marches into postseason - 0
- Lebanon City Hall renovation could move forward at hearing - 0
- Belmont makes deal to sell Winnisquam fire station for $240,000 - 0
- 'Hour of Code' taps student creativity - 0
- Fired Epping children's librarian gets public hearing - 0
- Burglary spee brings more charges for Seabrook man - 0
- Hillsborough district names its Teacher of Year - 0
- Claremont homeless man found dead - 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan
State agrees to delete toll booth photos