NHIAA Roundup: Brunault lifts Colebrook girls into final
Colebrook, seeking the school's first championship plaque, will play in the state final on Saturday at noon at Plymouth State.
The Mohawks will play No. 4 seed Groveton, a 45-32 victor over No. 1 Hinsdale in Monday's other semifinal.
Sunapee ended its season at 18-3 but made a strong comeback in the fourth quarter.
Led by Erica Waterman (14 points), Sunapee erased a 38-34 deficit at the end of the third quarter and tied the game at 44-44.
But Brunault converted a three-point basket and made four-of-five free throw attempts down the stretch during a game-ending 9-0 run. Brunault was 8-of-10 overall from the free throw line and Colebrook (18-3) was 19 of 26 overall from the charity line. Sunapee made 6 of 12 from the free throw line.
AT PLYMOUTH STATE UNIVERSITY
Colebrook 53, Sunapee 44
Colebrook: Josee Brunault 7-8-21; Alexyss Lawson 2-4-8; Kailin Belanger 4-1-9; Erica Cass 2-2-6; Megan Hamel 2-2-6; Kacie Riendeau 0-1-1; Nakea Cross 0-2-2 Totals: 16-19-53
Three-pointers: Brunault, Cass
Sunapee: Faith Larpenter 3-2-8; Erica Waterman 6-0-14; Anna Richardson 1-1-3; Katie Frederick 3-1-7; Sydney Clark 1-0-3; Megan Clarenbach 4-2-10 Totals: 18-6-44
Three-pointers: Waterman 2
Colebrook (18-3) 15 17 6 15 - 53
Sunapee (18-3) 10 7 17 10 - 44
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Northern Pass vs. the unregulated - 3
- Former PNE power customers promised payment - 1
- Legislation gives Northern Pass project a pass, foes insist - 11
- DOE hears from NH Sens. Shaheen, Ayotte on Northern Pass project - 4
- NH Chambers of Commerce opinions on Northern Pass split geographically - 0
- Northern Pass told in White Mountains: Get off our land - 34
- Wind farms inspire email blast to NH lawmakers - 7
- Natural gas supplier: We'll still take on PSNH - 7
- Manchester-based power supplier unplugged - 3
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 20, 2013 - 0
- Police say man held girlfriend in car, arrest him - 0
- Overtime puts stress on Nashua police budget - 0
- Manchester, church group seek accord on breakfast for homeless - 1
- Ky. Sen. Rand Paul to NH GOP: Let's look like America - 1
- Man gunned down on Manchester street was talented graffiti artist - 0
- Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs - 0
- Two had a NH history before brutal Bedford attack - 0
- Derry marks a soldier's death - 0
Memorial Day Observances 2013
Bedford's Shapiro hits lacrosse milestone
Texting + driving = deadly consequences
Goffstown holds off on school borrowing
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs
NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 20, 2013