NHIAA Roundup: Brunault lifts Colebrook girls into final
Colebrook, seeking the school's first championship plaque, will play in the state final on Saturday at noon at Plymouth State.
The Mohawks will play No. 4 seed Groveton, a 45-32 victor over No. 1 Hinsdale in Monday's other semifinal.
Sunapee ended its season at 18-3 but made a strong comeback in the fourth quarter.
Led by Erica Waterman (14 points), Sunapee erased a 38-34 deficit at the end of the third quarter and tied the game at 44-44.
But Brunault converted a three-point basket and made four-of-five free throw attempts down the stretch during a game-ending 9-0 run. Brunault was 8-of-10 overall from the free throw line and Colebrook (18-3) was 19 of 26 overall from the charity line. Sunapee made 6 of 12 from the free throw line.
AT PLYMOUTH STATE UNIVERSITY
Colebrook 53, Sunapee 44
Colebrook: Josee Brunault 7-8-21; Alexyss Lawson 2-4-8; Kailin Belanger 4-1-9; Erica Cass 2-2-6; Megan Hamel 2-2-6; Kacie Riendeau 0-1-1; Nakea Cross 0-2-2 Totals: 16-19-53
Three-pointers: Brunault, Cass
Sunapee: Faith Larpenter 3-2-8; Erica Waterman 6-0-14; Anna Richardson 1-1-3; Katie Frederick 3-1-7; Sydney Clark 1-0-3; Megan Clarenbach 4-2-10 Totals: 18-6-44
Three-pointers: Waterman 2
Colebrook (18-3) 15 17 6 15 - 53
Sunapee (18-3) 10 7 17 10 - 44
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Aurore Eaton's Looking Back: 'My very dear Mary…' Letters to Mary Bell - 1
- Aurore Eaton's Looking Back: Samuel N. Bell, 'inaugurating great enterprises' - 0
- Aurore Eaton's Looking Back: The talented and influential Bell family - 0
- Aurore Eaton's Looking Back: Edward Custer: A life lived for the sake of art - 0
- Aurore Eaton's Looking Back: Edward Custer, Swiss immigrant to Manchester, shines as an artist - 0
- Aurore Eaton's Looking Back: The Gale Home for Aged and Destitute Women still fills a need - 0
- Aurore Eaton's Looking Back: The Tale of Manchester's Mary Gale - 0
- Aurore Eaton's Looking Back: The Notre Dame de Lourdes School of Nursing — a legacy of service - 0
- Aurore Eaton's Looking Back: The Notre Dame nursing school fostered excellence and compassion - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dartmouth skaters dealt another close loss - 0
- Gaming authority offers regulatory structure - 0
- Portsmouth man gets prison for sex assault of disabled woman - 0
- Wolfeboro nursing home evacuated after minor chemical spill - 0
- Dover woman admits to bank robberies in two states - 0
- Motorists injured in two car collision on Route 9, Spofford - 0
- Arrest made in attempted robbery of Littleton gas station - 0
- Ex-Littleton man sentenced to prison for DWI crash - 0
- Greenfield planners seek input on Heritage District plan proposal - 0
Symphony NH plans pair of holiday events
Hooksett man arrested on assault charges
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Decision to tap F&G habitat fund explained
Big tipper stops for lunch
Keene to appeal Robin Hood rulings