NHIAA Roundup: Brunault lifts Colebrook girls into final
Colebrook, seeking the school's first championship plaque, will play in the state final on Saturday at noon at Plymouth State.
The Mohawks will play No. 4 seed Groveton, a 45-32 victor over No. 1 Hinsdale in Monday's other semifinal.
Sunapee ended its season at 18-3 but made a strong comeback in the fourth quarter.
Led by Erica Waterman (14 points), Sunapee erased a 38-34 deficit at the end of the third quarter and tied the game at 44-44.
But Brunault converted a three-point basket and made four-of-five free throw attempts down the stretch during a game-ending 9-0 run. Brunault was 8-of-10 overall from the free throw line and Colebrook (18-3) was 19 of 26 overall from the charity line. Sunapee made 6 of 12 from the free throw line.
AT PLYMOUTH STATE UNIVERSITY
Colebrook 53, Sunapee 44
Colebrook: Josee Brunault 7-8-21; Alexyss Lawson 2-4-8; Kailin Belanger 4-1-9; Erica Cass 2-2-6; Megan Hamel 2-2-6; Kacie Riendeau 0-1-1; Nakea Cross 0-2-2 Totals: 16-19-53
Three-pointers: Brunault, Cass
Sunapee: Faith Larpenter 3-2-8; Erica Waterman 6-0-14; Anna Richardson 1-1-3; Katie Frederick 3-1-7; Sydney Clark 1-0-3; Megan Clarenbach 4-2-10 Totals: 18-6-44
Three-pointers: Waterman 2
Colebrook (18-3) 15 17 6 15 - 53
Sunapee (18-3) 10 7 17 10 - 44
READER COMMENTS: 9
- Governor to get bill to study changes to way Northern Pass, wind farms are sited - 7
- Public Utilities Commission report suggests PSNH dump power plants - 19
- Most support PSNH selling its plants - 1
- PUC report faults 'status quo' of PSNH plant ownership - 4
- Antrim wind project: Developer offers to eliminate 1 turbine - 6
- State won’t intervene; New Ipswich wind farm scrapped - 5
- Power line study buoys Northern Pass foes - 5
- Northern Pass money dividing North Country opinions - 8
- ExxonMobile lawyers swing hard at MTBE additive case - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Road to Recovery helps America's heroes - 0
- Valenti Modified Series back at it - 0
- Seabrook scores in OT to give Blackhawks win, series tie - 0
- Apology issued for naming of Boston bomber as a victim of gun violence at Concord rally - 23
- Hellickson, Rays handcuff Red Sox - 0
- Celtics' Rivers, Ainge meet to clear air - 0
- Fisher Cats drop second straight - 0
- Troubles mount for Patriots' Hernandez - 0
- Central High student says he was knocked unconscious; police investigate racial motive - 0
Celtics' Rivers, Ainge meet to clear air
Tax credit math: Who owns your money?
Drones and privacy: Debate just taking off