NHIAA Roundup: Brunault lifts Colebrook girls into final
Colebrook, seeking the school's first championship plaque, will play in the state final on Saturday at noon at Plymouth State.
The Mohawks will play No. 4 seed Groveton, a 45-32 victor over No. 1 Hinsdale in Monday's other semifinal.
Sunapee ended its season at 18-3 but made a strong comeback in the fourth quarter.
Led by Erica Waterman (14 points), Sunapee erased a 38-34 deficit at the end of the third quarter and tied the game at 44-44.
But Brunault converted a three-point basket and made four-of-five free throw attempts down the stretch during a game-ending 9-0 run. Brunault was 8-of-10 overall from the free throw line and Colebrook (18-3) was 19 of 26 overall from the charity line. Sunapee made 6 of 12 from the free throw line.
AT PLYMOUTH STATE UNIVERSITY
Colebrook 53, Sunapee 44
Colebrook: Josee Brunault 7-8-21; Alexyss Lawson 2-4-8; Kailin Belanger 4-1-9; Erica Cass 2-2-6; Megan Hamel 2-2-6; Kacie Riendeau 0-1-1; Nakea Cross 0-2-2 Totals: 16-19-53
Three-pointers: Brunault, Cass
Sunapee: Faith Larpenter 3-2-8; Erica Waterman 6-0-14; Anna Richardson 1-1-3; Katie Frederick 3-1-7; Sydney Clark 1-0-3; Megan Clarenbach 4-2-10 Totals: 18-6-44
Three-pointers: Waterman 2
Colebrook (18-3) 15 17 6 15 - 53
Sunapee (18-3) 10 7 17 10 - 44
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Charles Arlinghaus: On Medicaid expansion, the right answer is, 'not yet' - 2
- Deroy Murdock: A bloated state necessarily bullies, as the IRS did - 2
- Kathy Sullivan: The IRS scandal exposes flaw behind tax-exempt politicking - 24
- Pat Buchanan: For what should Americans die? - 1
- Your Turn, NH: Common Core will be a costly burden for students, taxpayers - 10
- Jonah Goldberg: The IRS was only following Obama's lead - 15
- Another View -- Glenn Normandeau: Protecting endangered non-game species a NH success story - 1
- Charles Krauthammer: Redacted truth, subjunctive outrage - 0
- David Harsanyi: Get the IRS out of the speech business altogether - 10
READER COMMENTS: 0
- House passes auto dealers bill of rights - 0
- Rochester man facing up to 30 years in prison for brutal assault - 0
- Man who confronts burglar in Nashua gets bit - 0
- Police say Nashua man struck woman with Jeep - 0
- Last-minute lobbying frantic as House prepares for casino vote - 2
- Pease chosen to receive new KC-46A refueling tanker; to bring 100 jobs - 5
- FBI agent kills Florida man during questioning about Marathon bombing suspect - 1
- Police seek man they say passed counterfeit bill at Manchester mall - 1
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
License revocations for DWI announced
UPDATED: Derry marks a soldier's death
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs