Bedford narrows candidates for Peter Woodbury principal
Out of 39 applicants, a search committee interviewed eight semifinalists for the position that will be vacated by Principal Kenneth Williams in June.
The first candidate, Cheryl Daley, is the current assistant principal at Peter Woodbury, and has held that position since 2002.
Candidate Candice Fowler is the current principal at Hollis Upper Elementary School and has held that position since 2008.
The final candidate, Daniel Mitchell, is the assistant principal at the Adeline C. Marston Elementary School in Hampton. Mitchell has served as the assistant principal at the school since 2010.
Bedford Superintendent Timothy Mayes said the search process began in December, and included meetings with faculty, parents and even students to see what the groups were looking for in a principal.
"Our fourth-graders did a great job at expressing what they'd like to see in a principal," Mayes said.
Mayes said the district will miss Williams, who led the school for two-and-a-half decades. The search committee will be visiting finalists' schools next week.
All finalists will be visiting Peter Woodbury School during the week of March 11, where they will meet with students, parents, faculty, staff and community members.
The school board anticipates a decision on the position by late March.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John Harrigan: Growing up in the wilds of the North Country - 0
- No, it's not the National League - it's the Nashua Senior Softball League - 0
- Fireworks, parade slated in Manchester - 0
- Things to know for the holiday, from region to region - 0
- State puts out call for foster parents - 0
- Gail Fisher's Dog Tracks: With ground rules, cats and dogs can live together at lake house - 0
- Dave Anderson's Forest Journal: Evidence abounds that spring is bruins season - 0
- Sweet Neem offers a social gathering for foodies - 0
- Dick Pinney's Guidelines: Flounder fishing is best in Boston - 0
Fireworks, parade slated in Manchester
State puts out call for foster parents
Gail Fisher's Dog Tracks: With ground rules, cats and dogs can live together at lake house
Memorial Day services, events around NH
Deerfield starts Winter Carnival tradition