Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
NH prisoners indicted for smuggling drugs in envelope flaps
Nathan Morton, 33, who is serving a sentence for possessing heroin, was indicted by a Merrimack County grand jury on six counts of conspiracy to commit the crime of delivery of articles to prisoners.
Shawn Stayrook, 29, who is serving a sentence for numerous burglaries, was indicted on one count, while Kimmel Norwood, 37, of 22 Strafford St., Apt. 305, Laconia, was indicted on six counts.
According to the indictments handed up Feb. 14 and released Wednesday, Morton asked Norwood to mail him Buprenorphine, commonly known as Suboxone, told her how to conceal the drugs, and instructed her not to use a return address.
On Aug. 6, 2012, Morton asked her, "You know that thing, can you do that today?" and then the next day, asked her if she went to the post office after a friend called and also asked for a card every day that week.
The drugs were allegedly sent to the prison between April 13, 2012, and Aug. 22, 2012.
According to the indictments, Stayrook became part of the conspiracy on Aug. 13 when he called Norwood and told her Morton wanted her to know she had a new pen pal. In a subsequent call that same day, Stayrook allegedly asked her about "doing it today and confirming that it was more than one," according to the indictment.
That day, prison authorities said Norwood mailed two envelopes to the prison with the drugs concealed under the envelopes' adhesive flaps.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ex-Goffstown teacher indicted on sexual assault charges - 0
- Claremont police identify suspect in three armed robberies - 0
- Three boys accused of vandalizing Lakes Region Boys and Girls Club - 0
- Confessed burglar tells investigators pair 'did it for the thrill' - 0
- Bow man robbed at gunpoint near YMCA - 0
- Sex offender sought for failing to register turns himself in - 0
- Raymond man convicted in second sexual assault case - 0
- Champagne dream leads to job applicant’s arrest - 1
- Wanted Vermont man evading capture allegedly tried to run over officer - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424