May 24, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
NH prisoners indicted for smuggling drugs in envelope flaps
Nathan Morton, 33, who is serving a sentence for possessing heroin, was indicted by a Merrimack County grand jury on six counts of conspiracy to commit the crime of delivery of articles to prisoners.
Shawn Stayrook, 29, who is serving a sentence for numerous burglaries, was indicted on one count, while Kimmel Norwood, 37, of 22 Strafford St., Apt. 305, Laconia, was indicted on six counts.
According to the indictments handed up Feb. 14 and released Wednesday, Morton asked Norwood to mail him Buprenorphine, commonly known as Suboxone, told her how to conceal the drugs, and instructed her not to use a return address.
On Aug. 6, 2012, Morton asked her, "You know that thing, can you do that today?" and then the next day, asked her if she went to the post office after a friend called and also asked for a card every day that week.
The drugs were allegedly sent to the prison between April 13, 2012, and Aug. 22, 2012.
According to the indictments, Stayrook became part of the conspiracy on Aug. 13 when he called Norwood and told her Morton wanted her to know she had a new pen pal. In a subsequent call that same day, Stayrook allegedly asked her about "doing it today and confirming that it was more than one," according to the indictment.
That day, prison authorities said Norwood mailed two envelopes to the prison with the drugs concealed under the envelopes' adhesive flaps.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fremont man returned to face NH charges - 0
- 4 arrested in investigation of heroin sales in Portsmouth - 0
- AG says Belmont murder victims were mother and son, found hacked to death - 2
- Ossipee man charged with stealing guns, chainsaw - 0
- Fourth person arrested in Hollis home invasion - 0
- Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation - 3
- Police say man detained as part of investigation into death scene in Belmont - 1
- Portsmouth drug raid nets four arrests for sale of heroin - 0
- Manchester Market clerk robbed by man armed with knife - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Will House, Senate continue the feud? - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: City down to the wire on school budget, superintendent - 0
- Service planned for mother of Newtown school shooter - 0
- ENH Power parent firm accused of false advertising - 0
- Soldier from Pelham remembered for self-sacrifice - 0
- New Hampshire energy suppliers announce new alliance - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Are B's destiny's darlings? - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Lackey's performance key for Sox - 0
- Bins for clothing, book donations may get identifiers of for-profit owner - 0
Fireworks, parade slated in Manchester
Fremont man returned to face NH charges
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424