Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
NH prisoners indicted for smuggling drugs in envelope flaps
Nathan Morton, 33, who is serving a sentence for possessing heroin, was indicted by a Merrimack County grand jury on six counts of conspiracy to commit the crime of delivery of articles to prisoners.
Shawn Stayrook, 29, who is serving a sentence for numerous burglaries, was indicted on one count, while Kimmel Norwood, 37, of 22 Strafford St., Apt. 305, Laconia, was indicted on six counts.
According to the indictments handed up Feb. 14 and released Wednesday, Morton asked Norwood to mail him Buprenorphine, commonly known as Suboxone, told her how to conceal the drugs, and instructed her not to use a return address.
On Aug. 6, 2012, Morton asked her, "You know that thing, can you do that today?" and then the next day, asked her if she went to the post office after a friend called and also asked for a card every day that week.
The drugs were allegedly sent to the prison between April 13, 2012, and Aug. 22, 2012.
According to the indictments, Stayrook became part of the conspiracy on Aug. 13 when he called Norwood and told her Morton wanted her to know she had a new pen pal. In a subsequent call that same day, Stayrook allegedly asked her about "doing it today and confirming that it was more than one," according to the indictment.
That day, prison authorities said Norwood mailed two envelopes to the prison with the drugs concealed under the envelopes' adhesive flaps.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Manchester man convicted on drug, weapons counts - 1
- Jury considers fate of Londonderry man in sex assault trial - 0
- Bay State following in NH's footsteps with 'upskirting' law - 2
- Epping supermarket worker arrested after brutal break room attack on female coworker - 4
- Nashua woman arrested in connection with homeless man's hit-and-run death - 3
- Roommate convicted of selling heroin out of former Manchester teacher's home - 3
- Senate approves parental rights bill - 2
- Raymond police investigating thefts of cord wood - 0
- Pelham police arrest Mass. man near scene of thefts from cars - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- AG says Rockingham County attorney probe 'substantially complete' - 0
- Nashua mayor says finance committee lacked authority to table buying dump trucks - 0
- Raymond man charged with hitting friend with his vehicle - 0
- Firefighters battle blaze at Pittsfield pizza plant - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats, Hogan not finished yet - 0
- Little Green has quartet of contenders for New England wrestling championships - 0
- Roger Brown's High School Basketball: Madness has arrived - 0
- Monarchs: Let's play three - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 2
Fremont's Miss 1964 to pass on her crown
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief