June 11, 2013
June 4, 2013
May 29, 2013
May 22, 2013
NH prisoners indicted for smuggling drugs in envelope flaps
Nathan Morton, 33, who is serving a sentence for possessing heroin, was indicted by a Merrimack County grand jury on six counts of conspiracy to commit the crime of delivery of articles to prisoners.
Shawn Stayrook, 29, who is serving a sentence for numerous burglaries, was indicted on one count, while Kimmel Norwood, 37, of 22 Strafford St., Apt. 305, Laconia, was indicted on six counts.
According to the indictments handed up Feb. 14 and released Wednesday, Morton asked Norwood to mail him Buprenorphine, commonly known as Suboxone, told her how to conceal the drugs, and instructed her not to use a return address.
On Aug. 6, 2012, Morton asked her, "You know that thing, can you do that today?" and then the next day, asked her if she went to the post office after a friend called and also asked for a card every day that week.
The drugs were allegedly sent to the prison between April 13, 2012, and Aug. 22, 2012.
According to the indictments, Stayrook became part of the conspiracy on Aug. 13 when he called Norwood and told her Morton wanted her to know she had a new pen pal. In a subsequent call that same day, Stayrook allegedly asked her about "doing it today and confirming that it was more than one," according to the indictment.
That day, prison authorities said Norwood mailed two envelopes to the prison with the drugs concealed under the envelopes' adhesive flaps.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious - 22
- Hampton man indicted for distributing child porn - 0
- Mother of drowned baby gets prison time - 6
- Former Londonderry coach indicted in sex assault of two girls - 1
- Manchester resident interrupts burglary - 0
- Auburn woman struck in head with bottle of cologne - 1
- Manchester cabbie assaulted, robbed - 0
- Somersworth man said toddler fussed so he tied him in a blanket - 28
- Hooksett mother arrested for making repeated 911 calls, police say - 3
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 1
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 0
- Manchester VFW posts fights to survive without poker cash - 0
- Surveillance led NSA to 50 terror 'events' - 0
- One arrested as Concord gun-control rally gets rowdy - 13
- Celtics, Clippers call off Doc deal - 0
- High school football is in the air as CHad practice opens - 0
- Agencies to offer summer food service to Derry children in need - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424