Dec 19, 2013
Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
NH prisoners indicted for smuggling drugs in envelope flaps
Nathan Morton, 33, who is serving a sentence for possessing heroin, was indicted by a Merrimack County grand jury on six counts of conspiracy to commit the crime of delivery of articles to prisoners.
Shawn Stayrook, 29, who is serving a sentence for numerous burglaries, was indicted on one count, while Kimmel Norwood, 37, of 22 Strafford St., Apt. 305, Laconia, was indicted on six counts.
According to the indictments handed up Feb. 14 and released Wednesday, Morton asked Norwood to mail him Buprenorphine, commonly known as Suboxone, told her how to conceal the drugs, and instructed her not to use a return address.
On Aug. 6, 2012, Morton asked her, "You know that thing, can you do that today?" and then the next day, asked her if she went to the post office after a friend called and also asked for a card every day that week.
The drugs were allegedly sent to the prison between April 13, 2012, and Aug. 22, 2012.
According to the indictments, Stayrook became part of the conspiracy on Aug. 13 when he called Norwood and told her Morton wanted her to know she had a new pen pal. In a subsequent call that same day, Stayrook allegedly asked her about "doing it today and confirming that it was more than one," according to the indictment.
That day, prison authorities said Norwood mailed two envelopes to the prison with the drugs concealed under the envelopes' adhesive flaps.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 6
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 4
- City man charged with endangering child - 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- Page Restaurant owners agree to pay $4,000 as part of plea deal - 0
- Driver arrested after nearly hitting Canaan police chief - 0
- Police say man attacked woman with sword - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 3
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 1
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
- Quick thinking closes the door on Somersworth fire - 0
- Milford fatal crash remains under investigation - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424