Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
Dittmeyer murder case sentencing today
Michael Petelis, 29, of Ossipee, is expected to enter a plea and be sentenced at 1 p.m. Petelis was charged with one count of conspiracy to commit robbery.
He was one of the three men arrested and charged with the kidnapping and murder of Dittmeyer on April 23, 2011. Anthony Papile, 29, of Ossipee, pleaded guilty to second-degree murder and is serving a 50-year jail term. Trevor Ferguson is serving a six-year sentence after pleading guilty in 2012 to two felony charges, conspiracy to commit robbery and hindering apprehension or prosecution.
The case began when Dittmeyer was found missing near a snowmaking pond in North Conway. Conway police found her 14-month-old daughter, Aliyah, safe and sleeping in the back of the car, but Dittmeyer was missing. Several days later, Dittmeyer's body was found in the pond. She had been struck in the back of the head, bound, gagged and dumped in the water, prosecutors said.
According to Senior Assistant Attorney General Jane Young, the murder was the result of a drug deal gone wrong.
According to Young, Petelis was a friend of the father of Dittmeyer's daughter. That man was serving a jail sentence in Maine.
"He had a relationship with the victim," said Young. "He was her protector and he set up her final demise."
Young said Petelis conspired with Papile and Ferguson.
The Attorney General's Office did not release details of the plea agreement.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Authorities mum about reports of shooting in Manchester - 0
- Police say woman broke into Hollis home and took pictures - 0
- Addiction treatment doctor gets restricted license - 0
- Newmarket man charged with sex assault of 12-year-old girl - 0
- Wife charged with stabbing husband during argument - 0
- Imprisoned pair could add to their already lengthy sentences if found guilty of assault - 0
- Judge nixes house arrest for man convicted in Ponzi scheme - 0
- Raymond man faces possession of child porn charges - 0
- Man failed to note conviction on gun permit - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Soccer Preview: Talent to boot - 0
- Last call at home for Fisher Cats tonight - 0
- Jessica Goldman was on the move - 0
- Band camp gets Memorial musicians in rhythm a week early - 0
- Drew Cline: Small sleights of hand in Republican primaries around NH - 0
- Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you - 0
- Portman's good point: A leadership deficit all around - 0
- Scott and Genevieve Kelley - 0
- Dan Tuohy's Granite Status: Shaheen takes on illegal immigration - 0
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917