May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
April 18, 2013
Dittmeyer murder case sentencing today
Ossipee man gets 35 years to life in young mother's murder
Michael Petelis, 29, of Ossipee, is expected to enter a plea and be sentenced at 1 p.m. Petelis was charged with one count of conspiracy to commit robbery.
He was one of the three men arrested and charged with the kidnapping and murder of Dittmeyer on April 23, 2011. Anthony Papile, 29, of Ossipee, pleaded guilty to second-degree murder and is serving a 50-year jail term. Trevor Ferguson is serving a six-year sentence after pleading guilty in 2012 to two felony charges, conspiracy to commit robbery and hindering apprehension or prosecution.
The case began when Dittmeyer was found missing near a snowmaking pond in North Conway. Conway police found her 14-month-old daughter, Aliyah, safe and sleeping in the back of the car, but Dittmeyer was missing. Several days later, Dittmeyer's body was found in the pond. She had been struck in the back of the head, bound, gagged and dumped in the water, prosecutors said.
According to Senior Assistant Attorney General Jane Young, the murder was the result of a drug deal gone wrong.
According to Young, Petelis was a friend of the father of Dittmeyer's daughter. That man was serving a jail sentence in Maine.
"He had a relationship with the victim," said Young. "He was her protector and he set up her final demise."
Young said Petelis conspired with Papile and Ferguson.
The Attorney General's Office did not release details of the plea agreement.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portsmouth police DWI roadblock stops 179 motorists yielding 4 arrests - 0
- Nashua man arrested on charges of sexually assaulting underage girl - 3
- Mass. men arrested on drugs, weapons charges - 0
- Mass. residents charged after Hollis man beaten and stabbed - 11
- Judge gives Salem engineer with underwater mortgage year in jail for growing pot - 1
- Teen party takes Derry rep by surprise - 27
- Not-guilty plea expected in death at Danville chief's home - 24
- Police say woman was assaulted for hours - 5
- Inmate will let judge decide fraud ID case - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win - 0
- College Baseball: Ravens outlast Penmen in 13 to survive another day - 0
- Three Fisher Cat hurlers combine to pitch shutout - 0
- Lakes Region, Great Bay CC hold commencement ceremonies - 0
- UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice' - 0
- Berlin man dies while kayaking - 0
- Man seriously hurt in North Country crash of 1967 Porsche - 0
- Stonyfield founder tells FPU grads to ask, 'Why not?' - 0
- NH troopers help Boston victims - 0
Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win
UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice'
Lebanon College graduates 19
NH vote nears on expansion of Medicaid
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424