May 24, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Dittmeyer murder case sentencing today
Ossipee man gets 35 years to life in young mother's murder
Michael Petelis, 29, of Ossipee, is expected to enter a plea and be sentenced at 1 p.m. Petelis was charged with one count of conspiracy to commit robbery.
He was one of the three men arrested and charged with the kidnapping and murder of Dittmeyer on April 23, 2011. Anthony Papile, 29, of Ossipee, pleaded guilty to second-degree murder and is serving a 50-year jail term. Trevor Ferguson is serving a six-year sentence after pleading guilty in 2012 to two felony charges, conspiracy to commit robbery and hindering apprehension or prosecution.
The case began when Dittmeyer was found missing near a snowmaking pond in North Conway. Conway police found her 14-month-old daughter, Aliyah, safe and sleeping in the back of the car, but Dittmeyer was missing. Several days later, Dittmeyer's body was found in the pond. She had been struck in the back of the head, bound, gagged and dumped in the water, prosecutors said.
According to Senior Assistant Attorney General Jane Young, the murder was the result of a drug deal gone wrong.
According to Young, Petelis was a friend of the father of Dittmeyer's daughter. That man was serving a jail sentence in Maine.
"He had a relationship with the victim," said Young. "He was her protector and he set up her final demise."
Young said Petelis conspired with Papile and Ferguson.
The Attorney General's Office did not release details of the plea agreement.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- AG says Belmont murder victims were mother and son, found hacked to death - 2
- Ossipee man charged with stealing guns, chainsaw - 0
- Fourth person arrested in Hollis home invasion - 0
- Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation - 3
- Police say man detained as part of investigation into death scene in Belmont - 1
- Portsmouth drug raid nets four arrests for sale of heroin - 0
- Manchester Market clerk robbed by man armed with knife - 1
- Man who spent days under Salem woman's trailer recording sentenced to prison - 3
- Man sought for attempting to lure girl into white van near Nashua school - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fisher Cats, New Britain split - 0
- Ayotte praises first responders, veterans - 0
- Fremont man returned to face NH charges - 0
- Portsmouth Naval Shipyard holds change of command ceremony - 0
- Sons' overdoses spur father to share his story with others - 0
- Miller ready to spell, but doesn't want to go 'Dutch' - 0
- Weather to slowly improve over long weekend - 0
- Golf cart to make visits to veterans cemetery easier - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Guertin girls net another win to make it 67 straight - 0
Fireworks, parade slated in Manchester
Fremont man returned to face NH charges
State puts out call for foster parents
Gail Fisher's Dog Tracks: With ground rules, cats and dogs can live together at lake house
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424