Nov 6, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Dittmeyer murder case sentencing today
Michael Petelis, 29, of Ossipee, is expected to enter a plea and be sentenced at 1 p.m. Petelis was charged with one count of conspiracy to commit robbery.
He was one of the three men arrested and charged with the kidnapping and murder of Dittmeyer on April 23, 2011. Anthony Papile, 29, of Ossipee, pleaded guilty to second-degree murder and is serving a 50-year jail term. Trevor Ferguson is serving a six-year sentence after pleading guilty in 2012 to two felony charges, conspiracy to commit robbery and hindering apprehension or prosecution.
The case began when Dittmeyer was found missing near a snowmaking pond in North Conway. Conway police found her 14-month-old daughter, Aliyah, safe and sleeping in the back of the car, but Dittmeyer was missing. Several days later, Dittmeyer's body was found in the pond. She had been struck in the back of the head, bound, gagged and dumped in the water, prosecutors said.
According to Senior Assistant Attorney General Jane Young, the murder was the result of a drug deal gone wrong.
According to Young, Petelis was a friend of the father of Dittmeyer's daughter. That man was serving a jail sentence in Maine.
"He had a relationship with the victim," said Young. "He was her protector and he set up her final demise."
Young said Petelis conspired with Papile and Ferguson.
The Attorney General's Office did not release details of the plea agreement.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ferguson protests enter third day; arrests in St. Louis - 0
- Abuse history at Nashua address where 3-year-old died - 3
- Franklin robbery suspect sought, considered armed and dangerous - 0
- Franklin man and woman arraigned for attempted prostitution of minor - 0
- Police investigating death of 3-year-old girl in Nashua - 7
- Police say hit-and-run driver was observed tossing beer cans from car - 1
- Police say woman stole pocketbook at Hudson Market Basket - 0
- Police say former manager of Hudson McDonald's stole $10k from restaurant - 1
- Manchester man facing two aggravated felonious sexual assault charges - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl will go as scheduled - 0
- Red Sox think they got free agent signings right this time - 0
- Turkey Bowls: Passion always on the menu - 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl: Crusaders aim to rewrite history - 0
- Dave Solomon's Power Plays: Who knew what and when in PSNH scrubber case? - 0
- Story of Marine Memorial at Hampton Beach begins with Bill Downs - 0
- Immigrants include ethnic dishes at their Thanksgiving table - 0
- Puritans in America: Daniel Webster on religion's role - 0
- Mitt Romney is out front, but says he's not running again - 0
Person found dead in Manchester alley
On being American: A point for reflection
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
NH suffers 4th worst outage on record
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483