Speeds lowered on state highways as snow moves in
Eric Scott, shift supervisor at the DOT Traffic Management Center, said highway crews were out at 3:30 a.m. treating roads in anticipation of the storm, which is expected to drop anywhere from an inch to 10 inches of snow, and include a wintry mix of rain and sleet.
Traffic was moving smoothly just after 8 a.m. with no major accidents reported, according to Scott.
Temperatures warmed up overnight in Salem to 38 degrees, which helped with the morning rush hour, Scott said. Because of the warmer temperatures, speeds along state roads south of the Hooksett tollbooth were not lowered. Instead, motorists were told a weather advisory was in effect and to be cautious.
"So far, so good," he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Flooding closes PSU fields, local business - 0
- Colebrook almost became an island Tuesday night - 0
- Flooding shuts down North Country highways - 0
- Flood watch and rain follow day of near-record temperatures - 0
- Lack of 'hot spell' has made for mild mud season so far in central NH - 1
- With rain on the way, flooding potential eyed - 0
- Londonderry classrooms flooded - 0
- Spring roads make the going tough - 0
- Water damage displaces North Elementary classrooms - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: It's time to make legislative sausage - 0
- Memory of bombings remains vivid for those who were there - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: No power play in aldermanic chambers, mayor in good spirits - 1
- On Baseball: Locke pitches game in minor league rehab - 0
- NH's top prospects happy to be part of Boston - 0
- Relative newcomers vie for Boston title - 0
- NH College Notebook: Franklin Pierce's King named to 18U coaching staff - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: New Hampshire makes a big deal about Boston Marathon - 0
- Another View - Ahad Fazelat: How Medicare reimbursement numbers are misleading - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire
Havenstein: 'I'm a pro-choice Republican'
A cellphone ban: Ignoring inconvenient data
Downhill: Obamacare vs. ski areas
Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Restaurant owner faces up to challenge of Obamacare
'He is risen': 'As he said'