Speeds lowered on state highways as snow moves in
Winter storms taking a toll on NH snow budgets
Eric Scott, shift supervisor at the DOT Traffic Management Center, said highway crews were out at 3:30 a.m. treating roads in anticipation of the storm, which is expected to drop anywhere from an inch to 10 inches of snow, and include a wintry mix of rain and sleet.
Traffic was moving smoothly just after 8 a.m. with no major accidents reported, according to Scott.
Temperatures warmed up overnight in Salem to 38 degrees, which helped with the morning rush hour, Scott said. Because of the warmer temperatures, speeds along state roads south of the Hooksett tollbooth were not lowered. Instead, motorists were told a weather advisory was in effect and to be cautious.
"So far, so good," he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Meteor lights up night sky over eastern United States - 1
- Epping residents upset by tree trimming crew's work - 4
- In snow, many work from home - 0
- 5 a.m. snow day calls not welcome by everyone - 16
- Nashua to be reimbursed for Nemo expenses - 0
- Snow buries Derry budget - 0
- North Country hopes snow extends winter season - 0
- Winter's final storm could break bank for Manchester plow budget - 3
- Snow removal puts state $6 million in hole - 13
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH College Notebook: Honors keep coming for several Granite State athletes - 0
- Another View -- Glenn Normandeau: Protecting endangered non-game species a NH success story - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: Inventors, beware of PGL -- Paranoia, greed and laziness - 0
- Marine think tank to move to former Great Bay campus - 0
- Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Vending machines go natural - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: Lots to love about NH road race/triathlon scene - 0
- Investigators seek cause of Conn. train crash - 0
- Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win - 0
- College Baseball: Ravens outlast Penmen in 13 to survive another day - 0
Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win
UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice'
Lebanon College graduates 19