Speeds lowered on state highways as snow moves in
Eric Scott, shift supervisor at the DOT Traffic Management Center, said highway crews were out at 3:30 a.m. treating roads in anticipation of the storm, which is expected to drop anywhere from an inch to 10 inches of snow, and include a wintry mix of rain and sleet.
Traffic was moving smoothly just after 8 a.m. with no major accidents reported, according to Scott.
Temperatures warmed up overnight in Salem to 38 degrees, which helped with the morning rush hour, Scott said. Because of the warmer temperatures, speeds along state roads south of the Hooksett tollbooth were not lowered. Instead, motorists were told a weather advisory was in effect and to be cautious.
"So far, so good," he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Concord postpones fireworks to Saturday - 0
- LIghtning strike sends Epping house up in flames - 0
- Weather warnings push fireworks to Saturday in Rochester - 0
- Threat of thunderstorms pushes Dover fireworks to Sunday - 0
- Weather could lead to fireworks postponement in Salem - 0
- Some damage, no injuries when more than 7 inches of rain falls on Lost River area - 0
- Campers stranded, roads damaged in Woodstock downpour - 0
- Slow but sweet start for strawberries and most other NH summer crops - 0
- Fire caused by lightning leaves family homeless, dozens without water in Sunapee - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 132-mph street racers blow by trooper in Nashua, one of two arrested; motorcyclist arrested on I-93 doing 107 mph - 0
- Mazzaglia to be sentenced Aug. 14 for murder of UNH student - 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax - 6
- No one has a clear claim to NHMS supremacy - 0
- Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Does Concord have a big spending problem? - 1
- Ban fireworks? Get serious - 11
- Another View - Kevin Smith: Londonderry is showing how to make NH business-friendly - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Praising freedom: While curtailing it
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax