Speeds lowered on state highways as snow moves in
Eric Scott, shift supervisor at the DOT Traffic Management Center, said highway crews were out at 3:30 a.m. treating roads in anticipation of the storm, which is expected to drop anywhere from an inch to 10 inches of snow, and include a wintry mix of rain and sleet.
Traffic was moving smoothly just after 8 a.m. with no major accidents reported, according to Scott.
Temperatures warmed up overnight in Salem to 38 degrees, which helped with the morning rush hour, Scott said. Because of the warmer temperatures, speeds along state roads south of the Hooksett tollbooth were not lowered. Instead, motorists were told a weather advisory was in effect and to be cautious.
"So far, so good," he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Restaurant foundation destabilized by high water raises Route 3 Bridge, downtown Colebrook flooding concerns - 0
- Winchester roads ravaged by heavy rain - 0
- Despite heavy rains, tornado warning, Nashua OK - 0
- Wild weather strikes Granite State - 0
- Perfect weather predicted for weekend events - 0
- NH braces for a soaker, flash floods as Arthur moves up coast - 0
- Concord postpones fireworks to Saturday - 0
- LIghtning strike sends Epping house up in flames - 0
- Weather warnings push fireworks to Saturday in Rochester - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Charles M. Arlinghaus: Taxation without representation again? - 0
- Distracted legislating: Our baseless cellphone ban - 0
- Another View -- Betsy McCaughey: Our free lunch President - 0
- Another View -- Karlyn Borysenko: Workplace bullying is a serious problem, governor - 0
- Workplace abuse: Governor gets one right - 0
- Red Sox pull Lester from Wednesday start amid trade rumors - 0
- Accused Abby kidnapper Kibby had past minor brushes with police - 0
- Police say youths at New Boston underage drinking party resisted arrest - 1
- Man hospitalized following Rochester shooting; suspect still at large - 0
Win tickets to see ZZ Top
Win tickets to see the Pretty Reckless
Market Basket community waits and watches
Abby's alleged kidnapper held on $1M bail
Win tickets to see Ziggy Marley
Dover man sought in Rochester shooting
Supporters are now 'Abby Strong'
Canobie Lake Park shuts down popular ride