Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Manchester man accused of slashing woman on face
Maria Moriarty, 29, of 62 Cartier St., was bleeding significantly from a slash wound that went from her chin to her lower lip when police arrived at 1105 Elm St. after being called for a reported stabbing.
Moriarty told officers she argued with a man she knows only as "Dollar Bill" in a second-floor apartment above the Mint Restaurant on Elm Street. The two left the apartment but continued arguing outside in a rear alley.
"Dollar Bill," she told police, swung at her with a small knife, cutting her from her chin to the lower left side of her lip. She was transported to Catholic Medical Center for treatment.
"Dollar Bill" fled the scene, but police said that based on information provided by witnesses at the scene and their own knowledge of who "Dollar Bill" is, they went to 657 Chestnut St., No. 2, and arrested William Addison, 57.
Addison, police said, goes by the street name "Dollar Bill" and also matched the description witnesses gave of the assailant.
Officers were let into his apartment, and they arrested him after finding him on the rear landing. They also took a jacket and a small folding knife they found in the apartment as evidence.
Addison is charged with first-degree assault, simple assault and possession of a deadly weapon by a convicted felon. Police said Addison was convicted in 2009 of a felony-level possession of a controlled drug.
He refused to see the bail commission and was arraigned Thursday morning in 9th Circuit Court, Manchester District Division.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Police look for Laconia sub shop robber - 0
- Claremont man indicted on two charges of arson - 0
- Police hunt pair they believe attacked couple at Rochester motel - 0
- Phone evidence likely allowed in Hampstead home invasion trial - 0
- Grand jury indicts one of three men accused in murder of Madbury teen - 0
- Piano teacher wants statement tossed before sex assault trial - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The fiscal mismanagement in Washington is a choice - 25
- 'Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus' - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Palker hat trick paces Bedford triumph - 0
- Furious Celtics' rally falls short - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Slandering police: Racism in reverse
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483