Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Manchester man accused of slashing woman on face
Maria Moriarty, 29, of 62 Cartier St., was bleeding significantly from a slash wound that went from her chin to her lower lip when police arrived at 1105 Elm St. after being called for a reported stabbing.
Moriarty told officers she argued with a man she knows only as "Dollar Bill" in a second-floor apartment above the Mint Restaurant on Elm Street. The two left the apartment but continued arguing outside in a rear alley.
"Dollar Bill," she told police, swung at her with a small knife, cutting her from her chin to the lower left side of her lip. She was transported to Catholic Medical Center for treatment.
"Dollar Bill" fled the scene, but police said that based on information provided by witnesses at the scene and their own knowledge of who "Dollar Bill" is, they went to 657 Chestnut St., No. 2, and arrested William Addison, 57.
Addison, police said, goes by the street name "Dollar Bill" and also matched the description witnesses gave of the assailant.
Officers were let into his apartment, and they arrested him after finding him on the rear landing. They also took a jacket and a small folding knife they found in the apartment as evidence.
Addison is charged with first-degree assault, simple assault and possession of a deadly weapon by a convicted felon. Police said Addison was convicted in 2009 of a felony-level possession of a controlled drug.
He refused to see the bail commission and was arraigned Thursday morning in 9th Circuit Court, Manchester District Division.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Two Keene State students among three newest riot arrests - 1
- Man charged with robbing Rochester bank while wearing zebra-print dress is arraigned - 0
- Judge hikes bail in sex assault, child porn case - 0
- Judge declines to order mistrial in Derry sex assault case - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Police say homeless man stole car, struck pedestrian - 0
- Police investigating pizza store burglary in Plaistow - 0
- Salem police searching for Dunkin Donuts robber who wore Obama Halloween mask - 2
- Information sought in Keene hair salon burglary attempt - 0
- Two men arrested in Nashua armed robbery - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dover police say man broke into same business three times - 0
- Derry's tax rate drops as property valuations increase - 0
- Maine nurse defies state Ebola quarantine, leaves home - 7
- 2-alarm Manchester fire displaces 10 - 0
- Commodore Nutt takes D.C. by storm - 1
- School's out for voters - 2
- Kuster's abortion lies: Claims against Garcia are untrue - 24
- Senate battle attracts 17,000 TV ads in NH - 3
- Jonathan E. Benedict - 1
Trump fired up over NH mailer
The Obamaconomy: Shea-Porter shows its flaw
Trump fired up over NH mailer
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483