Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Contoocook man charged after chase on Interstate 89
The chase began in Henniker at 10:20 a.m. and ended in Hopkinton when police deployed a tire deflation device to stop the puickup trruck driven by Lawrence Martell, 34, who was said to be considering suicide and armed with a knife, according to a statement from New Hampshire State Police in Concord.
Martell was wanted in connection with a domestic violence, simple assault charge, police said.
After hitting the deflation device, police said Martell jumped from his Dodge Dakota pickup, which then crashed into a guardrail along the snow-covered median.
He was charted with felony reckless conduct for swerving and accelerating toward troopers as they attempted to deploy the deflation device from the median.
He was also charged with resisting arrest, reckless driving and disobeying an officer, and was transported to the New Hampshire Hospital in Concord for psychological evaluation.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 2
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 2
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 2
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 2
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
- Nine arrested in Ossipee drug sweep - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Langdon voters approve school budget - 0
- Hanson, Woodworth winners in Center Harbor - 0
- Farmington residents pass slight increase to school budget - 0
- Bartlett voters elect new town clerk; Cryans wins Executive Council race in town - 0
- UPDATED: Rochester man shot multiple times as police attempted arrest - 0
- Hampstead voters reject school funding - 0
- Incumbents victorious in Londonderry - 0
- UPDATED: AG petitions judge to remove Rockingham County attorney from office - 0
- Cormier wins tight selectman race in Belmont - 0
Middlebrooks homers; Red Sox win, lose one
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'
Manchester schools project budget surplus