Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Contoocook man charged after chase on Interstate 89
The chase began in Henniker at 10:20 a.m. and ended in Hopkinton when police deployed a tire deflation device to stop the puickup trruck driven by Lawrence Martell, 34, who was said to be considering suicide and armed with a knife, according to a statement from New Hampshire State Police in Concord.
Martell was wanted in connection with a domestic violence, simple assault charge, police said.
After hitting the deflation device, police said Martell jumped from his Dodge Dakota pickup, which then crashed into a guardrail along the snow-covered median.
He was charted with felony reckless conduct for swerving and accelerating toward troopers as they attempted to deploy the deflation device from the median.
He was also charged with resisting arrest, reckless driving and disobeying an officer, and was transported to the New Hampshire Hospital in Concord for psychological evaluation.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man arrested in Nashua market robbery - 0
- Fugitive of the week arrested in Maine - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- UPDATED: Rochester man shot multiple times as police attempted arrest - 0
- Bedford man sentenced for lobster trap thefts - 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 2
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 2
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester police investigate pedestrian's death - 0
- SCORE workshop offers social media tips - 0
- Sens. Shaheen, Ayotte slam latest push for online sales tax - 0
- Bedford girls basketball team spreads the scoring wealth - 0
- New Hampshire high school athletes on the run (and jumping) in NYC - 0
- Ian Clark's High School Hockey: Teams anxious to play - 0
- Manchester Mayor Gatsas: Vote tells me Hooksett is satisfied with Manchester schools - 0
- After Pinkerton rejection, what's next for Hooksett students? - 1
- Nashua aldermen approve pair of union contracts - 0
SCORE workshop offers social media tips
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal
Hooksett has five new school board members
A CIA bombshell: Feinstein and the Fourth