Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
Contoocook man charged after chase on Interstate 89
The chase began in Henniker at 10:20 a.m. and ended in Hopkinton when police deployed a tire deflation device to stop the puickup trruck driven by Lawrence Martell, 34, who was said to be considering suicide and armed with a knife, according to a statement from New Hampshire State Police in Concord.
Martell was wanted in connection with a domestic violence, simple assault charge, police said.
After hitting the deflation device, police said Martell jumped from his Dodge Dakota pickup, which then crashed into a guardrail along the snow-covered median.
He was charted with felony reckless conduct for swerving and accelerating toward troopers as they attempted to deploy the deflation device from the median.
He was also charged with resisting arrest, reckless driving and disobeying an officer, and was transported to the New Hampshire Hospital in Concord for psychological evaluation.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- AG: Woman shot by police executing federal search warrant expected to live - 2
- Manchester men charged with drive-by shooting in Nashua - 0
- Authorities mum about reports of shooting in Manchester - 0
- Police say woman broke into Hollis home and took pictures - 0
- Addiction treatment doctor gets restricted license - 0
- Newmarket man charged with sex assault of 12-year-old girl - 0
- Wife charged with stabbing husband during argument - 0
- Imprisoned pair could add to their already lengthy sentences if found guilty of assault - 0
- Judge nixes house arrest for man convicted in Ponzi scheme - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two felony charges for alleged Portsmouth drug dealer - 0
- Education business tax credit program upheld; Hassan asks lawmakers to repeal the law - 3
- Owner sought after fatal pitbull attack near Tuckerman Ravine - 1
- Big smiles as Market Basket customers and workers return - 8
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Patnode poised to win NH Weekly Series crown - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Soccer Preview: Talent to boot - 0
- Last call at home for Fisher Cats tonight - 0
- Jessica Goldman was on the move - 0
- Band camp gets Memorial musicians in rhythm a week early - 1
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917