Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Contoocook man charged after chase on Interstate 89
The chase began in Henniker at 10:20 a.m. and ended in Hopkinton when police deployed a tire deflation device to stop the puickup trruck driven by Lawrence Martell, 34, who was said to be considering suicide and armed with a knife, according to a statement from New Hampshire State Police in Concord.
Martell was wanted in connection with a domestic violence, simple assault charge, police said.
After hitting the deflation device, police said Martell jumped from his Dodge Dakota pickup, which then crashed into a guardrail along the snow-covered median.
He was charted with felony reckless conduct for swerving and accelerating toward troopers as they attempted to deploy the deflation device from the median.
He was also charged with resisting arrest, reckless driving and disobeying an officer, and was transported to the New Hampshire Hospital in Concord for psychological evaluation.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Arrest made in attempted robbery of Littleton gas station - 0
- Ex-Littleton man sentenced to prison for DWI crash - 0
- Man who led Rochester police on chase held on $100K bail - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Mother asks judge for a break in her bail - 0
- Wakefield woman helps track alleged burglars - 0
- Three get prison for passing bad checks at Tilton outlets - 0
- Inmate indicted in 2009 kidnapping, rape of woman - 0
- Smuggling drugs into Berlin prison an escalating problem - 0
- Assistant AG cites suspended County Attorney Reams' 'shocking behavior' - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats have come a long way - 0
- Another weekend, another three games for Monarchs - 0
- Another View -- Mark S. MacKenzie: Raising minimum wage would lift NH families out of poverty - 0
- Pray for safety: The state did not provide it - 0
- Big league gambling: AG makes right call on casinos - 0
- Students add their special touch to Christmas - 0
- Chargers edge Manning, Broncos, 27-20 - 0
- Iginla strikes twice as red-hot Bruins top Oilers - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bow's balance too much for Kearsarge - 0
Symphony NH plans pair of holiday events
Hooksett man arrested on assault charges
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Decision to tap F&G habitat fund explained
Big tipper stops for lunch
Keene to appeal Robin Hood rulings
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424