May 22, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Contoocook man charged after chase on Interstate 89
The chase began in Henniker at 10:20 a.m. and ended in Hopkinton when police deployed a tire deflation device to stop the puickup trruck driven by Lawrence Martell, 34, who was said to be considering suicide and armed with a knife, according to a statement from New Hampshire State Police in Concord.
Martell was wanted in connection with a domestic violence, simple assault charge, police said.
After hitting the deflation device, police said Martell jumped from his Dodge Dakota pickup, which then crashed into a guardrail along the snow-covered median.
He was charted with felony reckless conduct for swerving and accelerating toward troopers as they attempted to deploy the deflation device from the median.
He was also charged with resisting arrest, reckless driving and disobeying an officer, and was transported to the New Hampshire Hospital in Concord for psychological evaluation.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester murder case remains 'active' - 0
- Manchester man gets federal prison time for mail fraud - 0
- Duo allegedly chased off by Windham neighbor with broom indicted over break-in - 0
- Plea deal expected for man who tried to take officer's gun - 0
- Rochester man facing up to 30 years in prison for brutal assault - 1
- Man who confronts burglar in Nashua gets bit - 0
- Police say Nashua man struck woman with Jeep - 0
- Police seek man they say passed counterfeit bill at Manchester mall - 1
- Manchester police seek Food Mart robber - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Gambling bill scuttled, 'Now it is going to be really tough' for budget - 2
- NHIAA Roundup: BG girls’ tennis team sweeps Pinkerton - 0
- NHIAA box scores, summaries for May 22 - 0
- Officials say Goffstown High ‘safe’ after threat of violence - 0
- Manchester Community College graduates told ‘speak your minds’ - 0
- Portsmouth manhunt suspect turns himself in to police - 0
- Nurse said Exeter Hospital is making her a ‘scapegoat’ in hepatitis case - 0
- Derry council defends officials' purchases - 0
- Nashua librarian reports E-books flying off virtual shelves - 0
Memorial Day events in New Hampshire
Milford team wins seatbelt challenge
Consider Nevada: Gambling always expands
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424