Alton School Board member tries to make his point with a knife
A portion of the taped meeting during which board member Stephen Miller held up a large knife during a discussion on the district's policy on weapons is posted in a YouTube video called "Knife at Public Meeting - Alton, NH." Videos of school board and other public meetings in Alton are also routinely available on YouTube.
At the Feb. 21 meeting, Miller said he opposed non-students carrying a knife on school grounds. Then, holding up a large knife, said, "This is essentially legal," and he said there are no laws against carrying a knife, any knife, in Florida.
School board chairman Jeff St. Cyr said the current school board weapon policy is the same as in the 1990s, and that the knife should be folded. He then asked Miller to put the knife away.
"Please keep your knife in your pocket because we don't need knives at a school board meeting," said St. Cyr.
"Does that offend you? It should offend you," said Miller.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Milford Bible study group to meet on Sept. 10 - 0
- Hundreds attend Mass for slain journalist from NH - 1
- St. George Greek Orthodox pastor heads west - 0
- Pope calls Foleys to offer his condolences - 0
- Inaugural organ concert at Wolfeboro church Aug. 27 - 0
- Knights of Columbus assists with Manchester church renovations - 0
- Religion calendar for NH, beginning Aug. 21 - 0
- St. Luke parish in Plaistow to hold yard sale - 0
- Manchester educator explores history of anti-semitism and the Holocaust - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Laconia accident results in minor injuries for motorcyclist - 0
- Christopher Thompson's Closing the Deal: Time for Market Basket to get back to business - 0
- Playing for a purpose Field Hockey Jamboree at Manchester Memorial - 0
- Franklin Pierce's Kirsh to retire as AD - 0
- UNH Wildcat gridders can't stop Toledo, 54-20 - 0
- UNH Wildcats volleyball looking forward to good season - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Pats' cuts hold few surprises - 0
- New-look Boston Red Sox taking test run - 0
- NH Fisher Cats bats silenced in Conn., in 3-1 loss - 0
Mount Washington Auto Road to host largest gathering of alternative-energy based vehicles in North America
Amnesty? Garcia is against it
NH's teen pregnancy still lowest nationwide
George Will: Paul Ryan's way forward