Alton School Board member tries to make his point with a knife
A portion of the taped meeting during which board member Stephen Miller held up a large knife during a discussion on the district's policy on weapons is posted in a YouTube video called "Knife at Public Meeting - Alton, NH." Videos of school board and other public meetings in Alton are also routinely available on YouTube.
At the Feb. 21 meeting, Miller said he opposed non-students carrying a knife on school grounds. Then, holding up a large knife, said, "This is essentially legal," and he said there are no laws against carrying a knife, any knife, in Florida.
School board chairman Jeff St. Cyr said the current school board weapon policy is the same as in the 1990s, and that the knife should be folded. He then asked Miller to put the knife away.
"Please keep your knife in your pocket because we don't need knives at a school board meeting," said St. Cyr.
"Does that offend you? It should offend you," said Miller.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- City says no more free breakfasts for homeless at Veterans Park - 110
- Alabama pastor is adjusting to life at Christian Fellowship Baptist Church in Londonderry - 0
- Hampstead Congregational Church hosts Hunger Action on May 19 - 0
- Chester church plans June Jubilee - 0
- Goffstown church plans yard sale - 0
- Cleric's case a puzzle, concern - 6
- NH minister celebrates 60 years of service - 0
- Religion briefs: Rindge church will hold yard sale - 0
- New pastoral assignments announced - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Senate kills House-passed gas, tobacco tax hikes - 0
- Senate Finance Committee rejects Medicaid expansion - 6
- Man wielding pipe robs Cumberland Farms in Goffstown - 0
- Buchholz moves to 7-0 as Red Sox post win - 0
- Gambling bill scuttled, 'Now it is going to be really tough' for budget - 29
- NHIAA Roundup: BG girls’ tennis team sweeps Pinkerton - 0
- NHIAA box scores, summaries for May 22 - 0
- Officials say Goffstown High ‘safe’ after threat of violence - 1
- Manchester Community College graduates told ‘speak your minds’ - 0
License revocations for DWI announced
Memorial Day events in New Hampshire
- Should schools do more to police food and beverages consumed at school?
- Total Votes: 112