Alton School Board member tries to make his point with a knife
A portion of the taped meeting during which board member Stephen Miller held up a large knife during a discussion on the district's policy on weapons is posted in a YouTube video called "Knife at Public Meeting - Alton, NH." Videos of school board and other public meetings in Alton are also routinely available on YouTube.
At the Feb. 21 meeting, Miller said he opposed non-students carrying a knife on school grounds. Then, holding up a large knife, said, "This is essentially legal," and he said there are no laws against carrying a knife, any knife, in Florida.
School board chairman Jeff St. Cyr said the current school board weapon policy is the same as in the 1990s, and that the knife should be folded. He then asked Miller to put the knife away.
"Please keep your knife in your pocket because we don't need knives at a school board meeting," said St. Cyr.
"Does that offend you? It should offend you," said Miller.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sunapee's Mount Royal Academy gets recognition - 0
- Religion Briefs: Granite United Church hosts football-themed weekend - 0
- Temple Adath Yeshurun leads food drive - 0
- Poll: More Americans see influence of religion waning - 0
- Rosh Hashanah begins Wednesday evening - 0
- Going to be missed, Ken Grinnell Jr. retires as Minister of Music - 0
- Bishop's Charitable Assistance Fund raises a record amount: $210,000 - 0
- Volunteers collect items for Haitian hospital chapel - 0
- Manchester's Holy Family Academy named School of Excellence - 0
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Review of West High intruder case to be behind closed doors - 1
- Another View -- Daniel Barrick: Manchester's schools face some serious challenges - 0
- Racism in Lincoln? Looks more like ignorance - 0
- Representing whom? Jeanne Shaheen, leftist icon - 1
- Chiefly, Pats are horrible in Monday night blowout in K.C. - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Double-overtime goal sends Goffstown past John Stark in boys' soccer - 0
- UNH gridders jump one spot in national polls - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Offseason needs aplenty - 0
- NHIAA Field Hockey: Merrill's hat trick lifts Winnacunnet - 0
Dredging planned for Milford's Osgood Pond
Racism in Lincoln? Looks more like ignorance
Hillary Clinton to join Shaheen fundraiser