Home » News » Public Safety
Nashua man in critical condition after Brookline accident
Raymond Beauregard, 20, was driving a 2007 Honda Civic north on Route 13 just after 4:30 p.m. when his car crossed into the southbound lane and was struck by a 2012 Freightliner van operated by James Keavney, 62, of Fitchburg, Mass., police said.
Beauregard was taken by Brookline Ambulance to St. Joseph Hospital in Nashua and later transferred to the Lahey Clinic in Burlington, Mass., for medical treatment. Police Chief Bill Quigley said Beauregard was not wearing a seat belt and, as a result, had to be extricated from under the dashboard.
Beauregard was in critical condition Wednesday night, but Quigley said Thursday morning that police have not heard from the hospital concerning how he is doing this morning. Keavney was not injured in the crash.
The road was extremely icy at the time of the accident, police said, but what caused it remains under investigation. Anyone who witnessed it is asked to call police at 673-3755.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Missing since October, Abby Hernandez is home - 6
- Keene police continue pedestrian collision investigation - 0
- State bomb squad explodes suspicious package in Salem parking lot - 0
- Bodies of downed plane's passengers leave Ukraine crash site for return to Netherlands - 0
- 30-year-old man found dead in Laconia apartment - 0
- AG: Missing Conway teen Abigail Hernandez reunited with family - 10
- Maine man hurt in ATV accident in northern NH - 0
- Police say North Country motor vehicle deaths down - 0
- Hiker rescued from Mount Washington - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Only a freshman, Kennedy excelled on the track - 0
- Looking Back With Aurore Eaton: The Manchester Opera House makes its stunning debut - 0
- Another View -- John Dumais: Mandatory GMO labeling is all cost, no benefit - 0
- What’s the rush? Executive Council follows Pelosi plan - 0
- On Baseball: Fisher Cats prove point - 0
- Evan Turner, Celtics see upside in new deal - 0
- Thunder take two from Fisher Cats - 0
- Ortiz, Drew (4 RBIs each) lead Red Sox hit parade against Blue Jays - 0
- Nashua settles suit over gas collection system - 0
Market Basket workers urged to 'shut it down'; deposed CEO urges fired workers be given jobs back
Shaheen's record: On insurance, it is dismal
Anti-SUV flop: Americans love utility
U.S. appeals courts issue conflicting rulings on Obamacare exchange subsidies such as NH's