Home » News » Public Safety
Nashua man in critical condition after Brookline accident
Raymond Beauregard, 20, was driving a 2007 Honda Civic north on Route 13 just after 4:30 p.m. when his car crossed into the southbound lane and was struck by a 2012 Freightliner van operated by James Keavney, 62, of Fitchburg, Mass., police said.
Beauregard was taken by Brookline Ambulance to St. Joseph Hospital in Nashua and later transferred to the Lahey Clinic in Burlington, Mass., for medical treatment. Police Chief Bill Quigley said Beauregard was not wearing a seat belt and, as a result, had to be extricated from under the dashboard.
Beauregard was in critical condition Wednesday night, but Quigley said Thursday morning that police have not heard from the hospital concerning how he is doing this morning. Keavney was not injured in the crash.
The road was extremely icy at the time of the accident, police said, but what caused it remains under investigation. Anyone who witnessed it is asked to call police at 673-3755.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 4
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 40
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
- Manchester blaze that left dozens homeless was accidental - 0
- Milford woman injured in Bedford crash - 0
- Park on any side of the street in Manchester during Christmas week - 0
- NYC mayor wants protests on hold after police deaths - 0
- Mother of two says she's lucky, even though condo destroyed in blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads