Home » News » Public Safety
Nashua man in critical condition after Brookline accident
Raymond Beauregard, 20, was driving a 2007 Honda Civic north on Route 13 just after 4:30 p.m. when his car crossed into the southbound lane and was struck by a 2012 Freightliner van operated by James Keavney, 62, of Fitchburg, Mass., police said.
Beauregard was taken by Brookline Ambulance to St. Joseph Hospital in Nashua and later transferred to the Lahey Clinic in Burlington, Mass., for medical treatment. Police Chief Bill Quigley said Beauregard was not wearing a seat belt and, as a result, had to be extricated from under the dashboard.
Beauregard was in critical condition Wednesday night, but Quigley said Thursday morning that police have not heard from the hospital concerning how he is doing this morning. Keavney was not injured in the crash.
The road was extremely icy at the time of the accident, police said, but what caused it remains under investigation. Anyone who witnessed it is asked to call police at 673-3755.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Nashua man critical after being hit by box truck - 0
- Durham fire chief considered for similar post in Natick, Mass. - 0
- Wood-drying kiln heavily damaged by fire - 0
- FinnaRageTV uses Keene for promotion - 0
- After Keene riot, PSU campus on alert as party plan is spread by social media - 1
- 2-alarm Manchester fire displaces 10 - 0
- Missing Mason man found dead - 0
- Nashua police chief to retire - 0
- Pinkerton student taken to hospital after being hit by car - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John Habib's City Sports: St. Thomas coach: I owe Central - 0
- Armed burglar from Derry sentenced to prison - 0
- 'Bingo hunting' police use random license plate checks to make arrest - 0
- Bedford police investigating burglary at Verizon Wireless store - 0
- Police: Manchester man charged with endangering child after going 101 mph - 0
- FairPoint customer concerned about blocked emails - 0
- Plaistow narrows field in search for its new police chief - 0
- Man faces robbery, assault charges after extradition from NY - 0
- Hershey Bears shut out Monarchs - 0