Home » News » Public Safety
Nashua man in critical condition after Brookline accident
Raymond Beauregard, 20, was driving a 2007 Honda Civic north on Route 13 just after 4:30 p.m. when his car crossed into the southbound lane and was struck by a 2012 Freightliner van operated by James Keavney, 62, of Fitchburg, Mass., police said.
Beauregard was taken by Brookline Ambulance to St. Joseph Hospital in Nashua and later transferred to the Lahey Clinic in Burlington, Mass., for medical treatment. Police Chief Bill Quigley said Beauregard was not wearing a seat belt and, as a result, had to be extricated from under the dashboard.
Beauregard was in critical condition Wednesday night, but Quigley said Thursday morning that police have not heard from the hospital concerning how he is doing this morning. Keavney was not injured in the crash.
The road was extremely icy at the time of the accident, police said, but what caused it remains under investigation. Anyone who witnessed it is asked to call police at 673-3755.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Milford police officers want to meet you for coffee - 1
- Nashua parents: Clean up the sidewalks for students' safety - 0
- Manchester police car in collision at Union and Hayward streets - 0
- Northwood fire prompts firefighters to urge residents to clean chimneys - 0
- Rochester pedestrian, 18, struck, suffers minor injuries - 0
- Haverhill man receives call every homeowner dreads - 0
- Three firefighters recovering after injuries in fast-moving Claremont house fire - 0
- Minor injuries in Route 101 crash Sunday - 0
- Two injured in Newbury crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- House kills suicide-related bills - 0
- Staples to shut 225 stores as online competition hurts sales - 0
- Pelham police arrest Mass. man near scene of thefts from cars - 0
- UPDATE: Boscawen police have two men in custody - 0
- Derry teen credited with saving home from kitchen fire - 0
- St. A Hawks grounded by the Chargers - 0
- Manchester Memorial’s reign comes to an end - 0
- MTA seeks shift to city’s health plan - 1
- Eliminating budget group focus of deliberative session - 0
House votes for cellphone ban while driving
George Will: Misreading Putin, and history