Home » News » Public Safety
Hanover police say chief recovering from stroke
"A rapid response by New London Fire Department and a very successful early intervention by DHMC staff have resulted in an excellent prognosis for Chief Giaccone," the department said in a news release.
Giaccone was transferred Wednesday from Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon to the Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital in Boston.
Capt. Francis Moran is serving as acting police chief.
Giaccone, 65, has been police chief since 1994 and with the department for 40 years, Moran said.
It's too soon to know if Giaccone will be able to return to duty, Moran said, but "his will is to do that. It depends on his recovery."
It is also what his department hopes for, he said.
"He's a beloved chief. He's a friend. We're all rallying to run the department in his absence and we're all hoping he makes a full recovery," Moran said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two-alarm blaze at vacant building in Nashua - 0
- Police officer, firefighter team up to rescue dog from frozen Raymond river - 0
- Pilot safe after crash landing on Alton ice runway - 0
- Police dog Mingo is in even better hands - 0
- Manchester police honor their own for dedicated service - 1
- Damage from water main break closes portion of Allds Street in Nashua - 0
- Former UNH police chief remembered as 'amazing leader' - 0
- Pinkerton warns community of person soliciting students - 0
- Oil tanker strikes Memorial Bridge early Friday - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact - 0
- Planned Parenthood funds S&M Web video - 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Gatsas incensed by unauthorized use of his phone number for 'robocalls' - 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Vote on death penalty repeal set for Wednesday - 0
- Legislative ethics: NH way works better than most - 0
- Blue shame: Obamacare's big change - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Newest Monarchs making impact - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Aging catchers cause for concern - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: It was all about chickens, alleged threats and nocturnal wanderings - 0
NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact
Two-alarm blaze at vacant building in Nashua
Charles Krauthammer: The wages of weakness
NH native holds lead spot in Iditarod
Roger Simon: How would Hillary handle Putin?