Home » News » Public Safety
Hanover police say chief recovering from stroke
"A rapid response by New London Fire Department and a very successful early intervention by DHMC staff have resulted in an excellent prognosis for Chief Giaccone," the department said in a news release.
Giaccone was transferred Wednesday from Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon to the Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital in Boston.
Capt. Francis Moran is serving as acting police chief.
Giaccone, 65, has been police chief since 1994 and with the department for 40 years, Moran said.
It's too soon to know if Giaccone will be able to return to duty, Moran said, but "his will is to do that. It depends on his recovery."
It is also what his department hopes for, he said.
"He's a beloved chief. He's a friend. We're all rallying to run the department in his absence and we're all hoping he makes a full recovery," Moran said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester collision results in pedestrian's death - 0
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
- Dover police convince local man to go to hospital for evaluation - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- No dice: House kills casino gambling bill - 1
- Poetry Out Loud championship rescheduled due to storm - 0
- Portsmouth buildings evacuated for reported gas leak - 0
- SCORE workshop offers social media tips - 0
- Sens. Shaheen, Ayotte slam latest push for online sales tax - 5
- Bedford girls basketball team spreads the scoring wealth - 0
- New Hampshire high school athletes on the run (and jumping) in NYC - 0
- Ian Clark's High School Hockey: Teams anxious to play - 0
SCORE workshop offers social media tips
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown doles out $29k to NHGOP committees from his PAC
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal
No dice: House kills casino gambling bill