Bishop Libasci to celebrate special mass for Pope Benedict
The bishop also requests that all daily Masses celebrated across New Hampshire before 2 p.m. Thursday be celebrated for the Pope.
In addition, Bishop Libasci is asking that church bells throughout the Diocese of Manchester be rung in unison as a sign of affection and gratitude for the Holy Father.
In recognition of his eight year Pontificate, bells will ring for eight minutes, ending at 2 p.m.
These bells will join those of other churches throughout the United States and Europe that will ring as Pope Benedict resigns the Chair of Peter at 8 p.m. Rome time.
For the latest on the Diocese of Manchester during this papal transition, visit catholicnh.org and follow on facebook.com/dioceseofmanchester and Twitter @catholicnh.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Saint Raphael Church in Manchester to hold Advent concert on Dec. 3 - 0
- Annual collection helps Diocese of Manchester religious communities address retirement shortfall - 0
- New spokesman named for Diocese of Manchester - 0
- First Church of Christ, Scientist, in Derry celebrates 100 years - 0
- Ararat Armenian Congregational Church in Salem celebrates 100 years, welcomes pastor - 0
- Interfaith Thanksgiving Service is Monday - 1
- Annual collection helps religious communities address retirement shortfall - 0
- Keene church to hold Colonial Thanksgiving service Sunday - 0
- New Baptist church opening in Concord - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- Stretch of I-293 North and South closed after propane tank crashes - 1
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 0
- Derryfield's Hyde, Faulkner star in ski relays - 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan
- Are Concord school officials right to ban a parent from praying outside high school each morning?
- Total Votes: 466