Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Knife-wielding man attacked Manchester officer, police say
Police said on Thursday night MHA representatives asked officers to check on Scott Rossello, 50, of 200 Hanover St., who reportedly was exhibiting hostile and irrational behavior earlier in the day.
As Devereaux approached Rossello's unit, he heard extremely loud music in the hallway coming from Rossello's apartment, and laughter and yelling when he knocked on the door.
Rossello finally opened the door but started to walk down the hallway.
Devereaux ordered him to stop and Rossello agreed to go back inside and speak with him. Once inside, however, police said Rossello moved toward a steak knife stuck in the wall and, ignoring Devereaux' order to stay away from the knife, grabbed it and turned toward the officer.
Devereaux struggled with Rossello as he allegedly tried to stab the officer in the face. Devereaux wrestled Rossello to the floor and, when other officers arrived, took the knife from him, police said.
Rossello allegedly continued to struggle violently with officers trying to handcuff him and he was zapped with a stun gun. Police said during the struggle Rossello sustained a cut to one of his fingers and was taken to a hospital for treatment.
He is charged with attempted first degree assault and resisting arrest.
At his arraignment Friday morning in 9th Circuit Court-Manchester District Division, police prosecuting Officer Richard Brown asked for $250,000 cash/surety bail, saying: "We feel he is a serious safety concern for others."
Judge William Lyons set bail at $100,000 cash/surety. Rossello could enter no plea to the felony charge in Circuit Court, so a probable cause hearing was set for March 14. Trial on the misdemeanor is April 4.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 8
- Manchester woman accused of driving on sidewalk chasing boyfriend - 17
- Vehicle stops in Manchester yield 3 drug arrests - 5
- Pelham had employed finance head charged with embezzlement - 0
- Two in Keene robbed at home - 0
- Mass. man accused in sex assault of teen in Nashua - 0
- Police seek 4 teens for Manchester robbery - 1
- Manchester man charged in forklift theft - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- UNH unveils new 'shield' logo - 23
- Winter storm pushes up East Coast after weekend blast - 0
- Police looking for information about blood on Pelham road - 0
- UNH drops Saturday night game to BC, 2-1 - 0
- Patriots stun Cleveland in another wild comeback - 1
- Mass. man says he may have seen missing Conway girl on video - 2
- 'Unprepared' Canadian hikers rescued from Mt. Washington - 2
- Vemont pair killed, Sunapee man hurt in crash on I-89 in Lebanon - 0
- Napoli returns to Boston with two-year deal - 0
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use
UPDATE: 2 dead in I-89 crash in Lebanon, highway northbound restricted to one lane as of 8:20 p.m.
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
UNH lecturers seek to unionize
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424